image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Looks awesome Eric!

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below

Nice Job Eric,

I'm glad to see it's coming together for you at last - looking very professional.
    Paul

Project ERJ 145
    www.erj145sim.net

Wow, thats looking good, and I love what you use it for as well as your own entertainment

FSX | Piper Warrior | GoFlight

MyCockpit Support Staff

Well done Eric, I used to drive a 924 they have good seats. I have good car seats in my sim and often tilt them back on those long flights. The thing that wakes me up usually is the engines spooling down out of gas somewhere totally lost!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post
    Well done Eric, I used to drive a 924 they have good seats. I have good car seats in my sim and often tilt them back on those long flights. The thing that wakes me up usually is the engines spooling down out of gas somewhere totally lost!

Gwyn
    Seriously, you wake up and are out of fuel? Wow! Thought *I* was getting old...

Just kidding Gwyn!

Yeah, we got the seats and seat bases bolted down last night and they are super comfortable. Should be just the thing for those longer flights!

Below you can see some new pictures, basically the same, but now with the TQ pedestal covered up till I get the TQ built.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Just a performance update

Hi guys, I just wanted to make a little post about flying the sim this past weekend.

The simulator has been put through the paces and I'm glad to say that it performed flawlessly during our Winter Holiday Weekend charity flight event. We flew the sim on an amended flight schedule from KAYS-KMCO-MYNN and then from TJSJ-TNCM, then from KIAD-KPVD. Not quite the entire trip that we planned for due to time available, but Over-all everyone had a great time and enjoyed all the functions of the simulator!

Just a few points to pass on: I have the Butt Kicker Gamer mounted to the sim base in the Center Pedestal, and I have to say that I think it would be a shame to not have it installed. It provides just the right amount of hum and vibration to the whole sim when running and the visitors were astounded when they steped up to the sim and felt the vibration. This is one thing that everyone loved, along with the super comfortable Porsche seats!

I want to publicly say 'thanks' to GoFlight and PC Aviator for their support of this event, and how they didnt hesitate to offer some product to greatly enhance the realism of the event for the participates and the visitors and also to our local Chic-fil-a for a great meal on Friday night.

A handful of people that knew very little about flight simulation (or at least at the level us homebuilders seek) got a great first-time hands-on experience and can now work as a great co-pilot! As such, I feel sure that our participation in World Flight next year will be a great success. Although we didnt have very many visitors, our small (first ever) event raised over $100 in cash donations and over 40lbs of food to be distributed to a few families in need. Meager by other's accomplishments, but helpful to the needy no less!

The next stage of the project begins Phase II- preparing the 'Hangar' and moving the sim into its new nest and once that's completed early January 2008, the shell will be started and that will increase the realism several times! I cant wait till the shell is completed, as there were a few times when I looked up from the instrument panel and we were in a turn and my brain was fooled into feeling like we were really banking and turning.

Cant wait to get Vox ATC, and I also want to say that the ImagineSim TJSJ works really good for a meager PC like mine if anyone was thinking of buying it!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Congrats Tomlin on doing something more with a sim than building it If my sim gets a little more off the ground I am hoping to follow in your footsteps and see what I can pull together.

FSX | Piper Warrior | GoFlight

Thumbs up

Eric,

Congrats on two parts; firstly that your sim is looking MEGA! ....... not that long ago I was looking at your wooden MIP frame and monitor stands and now ..... well, it's a cockpit buddy, no arguments! ... I'll be grinning like a Cheshire cat when my A320 is looking that far on.

Secondly, congratulations on the event - great to see you taking the enjoyment that flight sim brings out to a wider audience ...... I bet there are at least a couple of people that attended, who will now be scanning eBay for a copy of FS2004 !

Well done....
    David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

Just a small update and a question...

Hello everyone. Sorry, no pictures but I wanted to post a small update on the status of my Learjet 45 project and also ask a question.

First, the sim is STILL dismantled, but it wont be long now. This past weekend we spent about 14 hours getting all the old wire out and the new wire in the sim's hangar and tonight after wraping up a few wiring chores, we will begin installation of the insulation to keep the bird warm in winter and cool in the summer! The new wiring will allow all the PCs, monitors, and projectors to run safe and take the higher load and hopefully all the sim stuff will be moving in before the end of April. I expect to have it all finished (the renovation part) completed by next Saturday hopefully. Then I will take delivery of the Innovative L45 shell the following weekend and have it going up soon and will be sure to post photos!

Now, on to the second part.

I have been going back and forth on what COLOR I should paint the room and ceiling and so far I think that it should either be a medium gray or a Boeing brown and the reasons for such is that I would like to minimize reflection from the Projectors off of the ceiling and walls onto the other projector screens. Are there any folks with experience able to say what would be the best color for the walls/ceilings for that?

Thanks!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Eric, sounds like you're having fund

I've found with using projectors, and particularly in an open area, you want the walls to be none reflective. It really washes out the screen when you have bright scenes.

When I plan on putting my cockpit back together, I plan on enclosing the visuals, so no outside light would be effected.

Anyway, something to think about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast