25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I need new hardware for various functions. Help

Hi all,

Right now I have GoFlight hardware (just the guts to their boards) mounted behind real mods. I am having nothing but trouble with their pull downs and setting functions, ie, EFIS, DH, Baro Set, ND range rings and views, etc.

What is the best yet easiest hardware/software out there these days, so I can take buttons, switches, rotorys, etc and simply make them work diff functions thru out the cockpit as described.

I am flying FS2004 with Magenta over a network.

I have seen so many products out there that will do what I want, but I will await to hear from all you experts.

Thanks
    Randy

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simran737 View Post
    Hi all,

Right now I have GoFlight hardware (just the guts to their boards) mounted behind real mods. I am having nothing but trouble with their pull downs and setting functions, ie, EFIS, DH, Baro Set, ND range rings and views, etc.

What is the best yet easiest hardware/software out there these days, so I can take buttons, switches, rotorys, etc and simply make them work diff functions thru out the cockpit as described.

I am flying FS2004 with Magenta over a network.

I have seen so many products out there that will do what I want, but I will await to hear from all you experts.

Thanks
    Randy
    Hi Randy. Why don't you assign the functions to the goflight units through FSUIPC instead. Might be easer.

Other then that, many interfaces each have pro's and con's. There is still not yet "THE INTERFACE" for all users.

Best regards,

Trev

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    I heard about that. Just how do I do it. Where in FSUPC do I go.
    Thanks

In FSUIPC goto the Buttons tab. Press the button on the goflight unit you want to program, then on the right select the FS & PM options. Use the pulldown menu to select the project magenta function you desire. Try to use PM functions not FS functions... where possible.

Thanks,

Trev

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

I use a bunch of Goflight units... and have not had any issues like that.

Their setup system works flawlessly for me. Remember you need to exit both the setup manager AND the sim itself before any changes you make will take effect IN the sim.

Goflight modules are VERY sensitive to having good POWERED usb hubs, and many people have seen issues using them on usb2.0. I run 1.0 ....and they work fine.

Welcome to the forum.

best,

...................john

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Randy,

You have your account set so that you cannot get PM replies. SO I couldn;t respond via PM. Here's the answer to your PM question to me:

The Hagstrom KE-72s are very bulletproof and flexible. If what you need are KEYPRESSES, then it is a great way to go. They are programmable for multiple types of switches driving them, and as to the kepress or macro of keypresses the single switch genetrates on make and separately on break.

As to controlling PM stuff... I don't use it.... too high priced for my blood at about a grand US$ for the full airliner setup. So I can't help you there. If PM needs keypresses directly, then you should be fine.

If it needs stuff loaded to PM offsets...then you'll have to generate a keypress with the KE72, and then assign it to an offset change in FSUIPC. Or you could maybe look to Ellie Systems new keysend utility to do that all in one step.....but I have never tried that software at all.

As to getting keypresses across a network, I beleive that FSUIPC has a utility to do that.... so depending on your needs... you might get away with one KE-72 card. I use two.... one on the main FS machine and one on a networked computer, because I will be exceeding the 72 keys that each card can support.

Hope this helps.

best,

................john

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    I tried to use FSUIPC in the button function area, and could not fig it out. I turned a rotory that is connected to the main server and it did move some numbers in FSUIPC, that that was it. I could not pull down the pull down setting part. The other problem is, I have some switches and push buttons running into my client Magenta MCP PC, where I was running GFREMOTE. How do I use FSUIPC (which is again on the main PC) with these MCP functions on the MCP client?
    THanks

Randy

Oh! You need to wire them into the main flightsim pc.

When your on the buttons & Switches page and you move the rotary switch one notch you wull notice the boxes (X) between PRESS X X BUTTON will change to a value.

Select on the right the checkboxes that say Select FS Control, and (Include Project Magenta)

The you can select the pull down menus that say action when button selected (do not include a Perimeter)

Now your set!

Trev