Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi Ralton, I appreciate the questions.

The 2nd question is easiest to answer- I made them! They are .75" acrylic bar that is cut to whatever length that is required and then a slice is made from the back towards the front, but obviously not all the way to the front. Then I placed a devider in the slice to seperate the two sides for the Red/Green LEDs that are in the back (I guess I should have taken a picture of the back too). Then, I took some thin .10" sheet and made a T shaped devider to space the 3 parts properly and then glue them together with superglue (the kind for model airplanes, known as CA).
    Then I simply sanded the faces with very fine sandpaper until they looked uniform. I taped the faces off, and then painted the unit black. Hole are drilled in the back for the LEDs.

By the way, I will be glad to make one for anybody for $45.00 USD, LEDs included. That covers my material/S&H costs plus the time it takes to get it perfect.

Question 1: Regarding the Standbys and the annuciator- Well, I would love to have the standbys working, but it's not a priority and when I started this project (after being a Boeing 737NG perfectionist for years) I made myself a promise that I would not obsess AS MUCH over stuff, which was why I had made no progress on the 737. That coupled with the fact that none of the standbys on the market are the right size (they are all a bit too big) led me to just plan on having dummy standby instruments. I have to admit though- I did think about using the PMRJ standby HSI up there since the screen will be in that position, it would look very similar to the newer 737NG ISIS (integrated standby instrument system) but of course, Learjets dont have this at this time.

Regarding the annunciators, I do believe that with small enough LEDs, I can still make the annunciator panel workable. I have exchanged some emails with Jaap and Otto from their Lear project and I may take a stab at how they did it, but they are using Open Cockpits and I am not. Not sure if I can make it work.

I am VERY happy with the way the new LCD monitors look. I have attached a picture taken last night for illustration. I will have a bigger version posted up on the site as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tomlin; 09-25-2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: to edit
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

25+ Posting Member

Tomlin thanks for the reply.Your MIP looks awesome with those LCD screens.
    I have one last question.
    1)Do you know what is the color code for the Learjet 45 MIP as I have already designed most of the panels in Coreldraw for the drawings you posted.I just need the right color!

Thanks, keep up the good work !

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Hi Ralton, thanks. I really dont know what the color code is, but I did call Bombardier a few weeks ago and asked for the paint shop hoping to get the code, but the guy never answers his phone. Maybe I will try again today to get it. Would you be able to share those corel files with me please?
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

25+ Posting Member

Yeah sure I can do that, better still let me upload them now, then other people can also benefit.I don't have all of them yet still working on the others, I used Coreldraw for the first time 2 days ago, so please guys I am new to the panel designing thing!.They are in Coreldraw format so you guys can alter and change them as you please.Enjoy

Ralton

25+ Posting Member

I'm having trouble uploading the files it seems like I can't upload CDR (Coreldraw Files).Please help.
    Thanks

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

.zip the file first It will accept it then...

25+ Posting Member

LOL,Now I feel so dumb !!!!,only saw it afterwards.There are 4 panels for now,I will upload immediately. Remember you will need Coreldraw to view these files.Please tell me what you guys think

Thanks for the advice Trevor

25+ Posting Member

It's done !, just look under the download section the panel bitmaps and drawings then main panel and it should be right there !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12