Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Unhappy Still having problems with navdata and cdu / No information from PM

I don't use often to make comnplaints, but now i feel that we, the PM's clients, we are left alone.

The main reason is the lack of information from PM, after they decide to stop PM's old forums and move them here. They are absent
    We don't have any information for long time issues, either for good thinkgs and updates. The txt file included i new updates does not provide information for new functions added in new versions. Things are changing from previous status and we are searching about.

The long time issue with Navdata, still here.
    I signed to Navigraph and i pay to download the latest navdata, but they still have problems. Using latest CDU build after SID i can't input any airway to continue the route. (ie LGAV departing rwy 03R on ABLON dep, then UB1 Skp).
    Returning back to test navadate from May i have problems loosing the magenta route line from ND.

Anyway, is i little bit boring to making troubleshooting after so many years I prefer to have a stable 100% working version and having a new one after 1 or 2 years without problems. I prefer to pay for support and R&D not trying to resoilve issues in forums with other people having the same or other problems.

Regards

Eddie Armaos

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oal331 View Post
    I don't use often to make comnplaints, but now i feel that we, the PM's clients, we are left alone.

The main reason is the lack of information from PM, after they decide to stop PM's old forums and move them here. They are absent
    We don't have any information for long time issues, either for good thinkgs and updates. The txt file included i new updates does not provide information for new functions added in new versions. Things are changing from previous status and we are searching about.

The long time issue with Navdata, still here.
    I signed to Navigraph and i pay to download the latest navdata, but they still have problems. Using latest CDU build after SID i can't input any airway to continue the route. (ie LGAV departing rwy 03R on ABLON dep, then UB1 Skp).
    Returning back to test navadate from May i have problems loosing the magenta route line from ND.

Anyway, is i little bit boring to making troubleshooting after so many years I prefer to have a stable 100% working version and having a new one after 1 or 2 years without problems. I prefer to pay for support and R&D not trying to resoilve issues in forums with other people having the same or other problems.

Regards

Eddie Armaos
    Eddie... Please Stop the Train, we don't want to go down this path again. If you search the PM forum again you will see we just recently had this rant session. Please find the following information helpful.

#1 Project Magenta does not OFFICIALLY READ THESE FORUMS. If you have a problem, you need to email Support@projectmagenta.com

#2.They have just released a bunch of new builds for most of the software, they cannot fix everyones problems at the same time. Everything gets prioritized.

#3. If you would like to pay for support Please inquire to Project Magenta regarding a (COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE LICENSE) I assure you the tens of thousands you will spend will be worth the money.

#4. Project magenta has stated many many times the only nav data they support (FOR NOW) is the test nav data on their build page. If you are downloading navigraph data at this point in time, it will not work anyway, so that is the problem with your setup. That would be like trying to run X-Plane aircraft in flightsim.

#5 I urge you to email Support@projectmagenta.com directly with your concerns, please feel free to return and post their response to you here, however Please keep in mind that if you read the recent responses here by Jonathan Richardson, you will understand where their priorities are. Maybe then you will begin to understand the bigger picture. You worry about the Navdata... How about those guys that have the Airbus suite and don't even have close to the completion of the software as the Boeing suite. Do you think that your navdata issue is a higher priority then someone who payed the same amount you did for Airbus software that doesn't work?

Please look at the bigger picture and send your comments directly to Project Magenta.

Best regards,

Trevor Hale

150+ Forum Groupie

Travor,

I totaly agree with Eddie!

Sorry Travor, but there are a lot of people here, who knows PM since many years. And the support was in old days much much better. Why should I write to Enrico an Co. mails about problems they know allready. It is just wasting there time in fixing these problems. But if in this forum enough people are reporting there problems - maybe that helps finding out the right way out of these problems. And to show PM that WE ALL realy need help on this ...

I dicided in 2003 to buy the boeing suit, because Enrico was only working for the 737. He told us in that time that he will, before starting a new flightmodel, finsh the 737. Unlucky that the pressure of other customers force him to change his mind. From that point problems began and his time started to becomming shorter and shorter.

Anyway I love his software, but I can not understand why WE are waiting now for 8 month (check here: http://mycockpit.org/forums/showthre...hlight=Navdata) to clear this CDU/NAVDATA problem (PRIORITY NR1)!

I dont think that buying the commercial version will change anything, as Jonathan assured me that the private license uses the same software (code).

If anyone think I am wrong, I am happy for any corrections.

Best regards
    Jan

25+ Posting Member

Totally agree with you Eddie. Regarding the Airbus software in its present condition - it's a mess. It is not just buggy it is impossible to enjoy any kind of realistic flight. I've been waiting since may now for an update and have had nothing - that's over 4 months with software that doesn't work and it's bloody frustrating!!, I would expect it work correctly. Enrico was very good a few months back spending time on the Airbus software but where has the support gone for the time being? I understand they are planning things in the future but I want the major problems fixing now - sorry if that sounds stroppy - it was meant too. I've basically given up on PM software and I am seriously considering jumping ship and going over to AST, but because of the price tags it's a lose-lose situation, If I do buy AST it's a waste of money on PM and if I don't I have software that doesn't work.
    Regards,
    Ben Hewitt
    AirBus Driver

10+ Posting Member

I agree with Eddie and Jan too,

I'm a PM user since 2002 and I have seen all the PM software ups and downs. The reason for commercial licence is not the support, but to divide the users that use this software for hobby and for them that use it for earn money.
    If you rent a PM setup for a 3-digit euros/hour the price for the software for sure it will be different.!

I had to use PM about a year, but a month ago I began using it again installing all the updates. For sure seems more stable. Some bugs that I have mentioned to Enrico directly have been solved. But it seems its a very slow process.
    Some times in past I found the software so buggy that I can't imagine that it is sold for a commercial setups.

I really miss the old support too. There is more silence than ever.!

A small example: There was problem with the latest Navdata compilation so there wasn't a link on the navadata.at site. After 3 weeks the problem solved from Enrico but if you look at PM Site in the notam page says "We will also be looking at the navdata cycle issues."

At last I belive that all of us - the hard core simmers - that are using PM could offer great beta testing and PM team knows that. Some issues can be generated from hardware errors but thats why the forum is for.

Themis

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Ok Guys, I am sorry to see that you guys insist on this line of discussion. As I said in my post this discussion already happened, especially with the Navdata topic. I am going to lock this thread, so we do not continue on this line. I wanted to avoid this at all costs.

I would like to restate. Project Magenta does not read this forum, it is to be used for all of us to work together to solve setup and possible configuration issues, I respectfully request that you all send your comments directly to support@projectmagenta.com

Best regards,

Administrator Mycockpit.org

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Ok Gents..... Here is the scoop.. I am going to lock this thread. Not because I do not agree with you but this kind of posting does no one any good. It just stirs up hate and discontent in a place that the PM team rarely visits any way. This kind of posting only stirs up a "Mob" mentality and we all pick up our pitch forks and ropes for a lynching party. Please do not go down this road again. If you have a complaint, and yes I know there are some legitimate ones right now, send a email to PM support. There if they like ot or not is where they will get read by the people that need to see them. Continue to talk all you want about it just leave the ropes and pitch forks at home.
    Bob Reed