Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rodney,
    If you send pics to Jeff I know he could build it. By the way that link page is closed.

Tim
    A340
    Canada

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney
    Ron,

I did a lot of looking around to find an affordable Projector. The criteria I used was native resolution (1024X76, aspect ratio 16:9 (that is actually wide screen, and I use the native aspect ratio, although wide screen is very good). The reason I use the native aspect ratio is that it completly fills the screen. I knew from reviews I had read, that getting a decent aspect ratio also improved the overall performance of the projector. I wasn't really too concerned over lumens, as I knew it would mostly be used in an unlit area. I bought the Proxima DP2000x from Infocus. A rehab model. It looks and performs like new. It has many functions, and is ceiling mounted, about 8 feet from a home made 4X5 foot screen. I do have some fuzzy text on the desktop, but not in the sim. The projector also has keystone adjustments, but because of the mounting, it is minor. I guess that is one thing I did right. I found out where the projector worked best, according to the space I have, and then placed the pit in that area accordingly. Probably not something you can do right now though. To try and correct your issue with keystone, you would have to reduce the angle it is projecting on the screen, by raising or lowering the unit vertically. I have seen a post or two from folks who used a high quality bed sheet to cover a frame for an excellent screen. I bought some material off ebay, and although it was very inexpensive, I can see the granular effect. Not too bad, but I often wonder what that $50.00 bed sheet would look like. So if anyone would like to know how to build one, drop me an email, I'll send you a small file.

Have you looked at the thread on the FDS site for a forward solution using platic mirror and sentra? Two or three folks are using it and are very satisfied. In fact, once I get farther along, I will go that route too.

I don't understand what this platic mirror is. can you explain, and where do I find this.? ron.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12