25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New Learjet Builder

Hi Everyone

Warm greetings from sunny South Africa. Well firstly I 'd like to say thanks for a great forum. I've been registered here for a while but this is my first post as I was just watching things from the side line.I'm am very enthusiastic about the Learjet 45 as it is an exceptional aircraft with fantastic capabilities and really easy to build but with limited information.I have e-mailed Johnathan from Project Magenta and requested info with regards to the software for PFD/ND.He has sent me the requested info although I have had one concern regarding FMC software which I believe is not available for the PMRJ suite which Johnathan has confirmed,he did say they MIGHT release something earlier next year which would be great for us Lear builders.To Tomlin I have been watching your posts and progress for quite a while now,and you have really been an inspiration to me. This site has also helped me quite a bit with some info,for anyone who needs some Learjet inspiration check out this site
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/j_both/index.html? this guy is doing a great job.
    I am going to start with the MIP as I would like to build and fly at the same time.I'll be using opencockpits interface cards.Next would be the Centre pedestal, autopilot,FMC,there is no overhead for the Lear (Yeah) and then finally the shell.I would really appreciate it if anyone could please help with dimensions for the MIP or something I could use as template, that would be great.So yep I will be posting pics as I progress and hopefully inspire someone else with a desire to be part of this great hobby.This is a useful website with tons of information and a nice bunch of people.Once again thank you to everyone on this forum.
    God Bless
    Ralton Mann

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Ralton,

Great to have you here.

I am sure Tomlin will be more then happy to help you with your measurements. Welcome to the madness of Cockpit building. I look forward to seeing your progress as you move forward. Please keep us posted with updates, and we will see you around the forum.

Best regards,

Trev
    Mycockpit Admin

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Another thing to ask PM,they used to do it, is if you can buy the Boeing FMC and MCP but switch over after they do them for the ERJ. They used to offer this. Also the Boeing stuff does work with the RJ software. just a heads up. Oh and WELCOME to the nut farm!
    Bob Reed

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Awesome, another LJ builder!

Ralton,

Hi. It's nice to meet you and thank you for the very nice comments. I'm excited to see you come along and join the growing number of LJ45 builders and I will be glad to share the info that I have available to you. You can send me an email and I will send you all that's available at this time. Also you can find some info right here in the download area in regards to some drawings as well as scans from the Learjet manuals that I have. The link to the site from the builders in the NL was good to see. I got an idea or two on how to do some things Ive been wondering about, namely the center post of the windscreen and the annunciator panel.

My email is at e_tomlin AT hotmail. c o m

Best of luck, and God bless :0)
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org