10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Pesky 7 segment displays

Does anyone in Australia currently able to make 7 segment display holders? I tried using a veroboard and lets just say it didn't work out terribly well.

I use to have the parts to make my own boards for fsbus, which I could of used with a bit of fiddling, but alas as I don't have the parts, I can't make them (and it would cost a bit to get myself set up again).

If anyone is able to make these simple boards, then please email pm me.

Able to pay via bank, or paypal

25+ Posting Member

I could do this. I will look into it. Time to design wouldn't be a factor as these are simple. Cost to make is another story. No point making something and getting stuck with 50+ 7 segment display holders.

Another concern is the technical specs. Do all 0.3inch 7 segment displays have the same pin configuration on the back with regards to where the pins are on the back and spacing. Is this universal?

MyCockpit Support Staff

Flightdeck Technology supply 7sd holders... http://secure.flightdecktechnology.c...gment%20Holder

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post
    Flightdeck Technology supply 7sd holders... http://secure.flightdecktechnology.c...gment%20Holder

Gwyn
    For me 19.43 euros would be too much to pay for such a thing. Multiply that by however many you need for a simulator and that adds up to hundreds of aussie dollars on holders alone. I am sure that it is a great product and don't dispute tha the FDT ones are very good quality.

Without investigating this venture I am assuming I could halve this cost. The product may not be as good but it would do the same job visually.

10+ Posting Member

I hadn't thought of all the different combos of the legs etc.....

I thought of a way that I can wire them, just got to get 10 minutes to test it. Failing that, it's just a case of biting the bullet and buying the parts to make boards again.

That's what I find the one drawback of the opencockpit system, is that I can't make the boards myself - after about two failed attempts, I had the complete fsbus system made for very little money, I'm not sure what opencockpits charge for delivery, but I have heard $30 euro, but as I said, I haven't had it confirmed.

I can easily use their design for the segment boards so yeah, just thought if someone was making them for themselves I could help cover their costs.