Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ecu

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Official answer:
    In the event of full loss of ECU/EEC, or loss of electrical power, the systems go to the fail-safe positions and all important parameters will be managed by Hydraulic system.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hey Serje,

Thanks so much for researching the answer on this. Please would you provide the reference where you found this information?

It is very important that other members do not get the wrong idea here. Roberto is a Real Pilot on a Real Airbus, not to mention a value to our community, and as he stated in his post the information down to how many pounds of torque are each bolt fastened on the aircraft is not required knowledge of a real pilot.

Roberto has helped many of us with actual measurements, actual system information, and not to mention his experiences. Without cost, or renumeration.

It is important that we are careful with the methods that we present information in these forums, Remember, when you type short posts, people can judge what your trying to say in an inappropriate manor.

I am sure you don't mean anything snide about your comment, I just want you to be aware that it could be perceived as throwing the answer into someone's face. I Know this is not what you meant, and I am sure you can understand how it could be perceived by your posting.

Thanks for your post, and I am sure you will think more carefully next time when you posting such valuable information.

Best regards,

Trev

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Thanks so much for researching the answer on this. Please would you provide the reference where you found this information?
    This information from Technical Instructor from Istanbul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    how many pounds of torque are each bolt fastened on the aircraft is not required knowledge of a real pilot.
    Trev
    About bolt Yes, but not about Electronic engine control unit, because it's very important component which control and monitor many aircraft systems.

Sorry

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Airbus

Who says the EEC is so important ?? Your technical Instructor then why don´t you ask all this astronaut questions to him?? Really man ... The day I loose my EEC the Ecam will tell me what to do and that is the same day my dog pissed on my shoes, a Bird crapped on my uniform and The EEC failed all in the same day... Hence ask your instructor if the Stupid engine starts doing funny things then why don´t he shuts it down and fly with the other to the nearest suitable alternate... Even your Technical Instructor should know that by now dude... Land the plane and avoid been watched on the Evening news at CNN!! Really if you already know the answers no need to be quoting it nor be judging my Pilot Skills and knowledge with Question not even a Line Check Airmen will ask... Really man I´m here cause I love this Forum it is fun and I want to help others with my real life experience in whatever I can...

Roberto

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

LMAO..... Well I have never experienced all those events, But I could tell you that if all that happened to me and I lost the ECU, maybe I would buy a lottery ticket. What you think Roberto?

25+ Posting Member

Nobody don't worry! I am only simmer and want know all about Airbus and their systems and maybe sometimes have very silly questions. If I can’t find answer I ask at forum or my friends who work at Airbus or serve it in real life.
    Excuse me for inconvenience.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

It might be of some help if you had access to maintenance manuals, the POH, and whatever else Airbus and the airlines use to maintain their fleets.

This might be tough with an aircraft still in service what with terrorist on the loose and all, but it might be worth looking in to.

Airbus manuals frequently are listed on e-bay.

I know several retired 727 captains, but I doubt that many know as much as I do about how their aircraft was built, nor is that a requirement to captain a 727. That job is for the maintenance folks and sim builders.

Being a sim builder makes you just that. A builder. Not every real-life aircraft commander is going to know every detail about the aircraft they fly. But many builders know plenty about the aircraft they are building. On a support forum I frequent there are a few real world pilots for the 727. I got into a conversation with a flight engineer who asked me who I was flying the 727 for. I told the guy I wasn't rated in any turbo-jet aircraft.

He told me I should be...but I'm sure he was kidding.

I fly bug smashers, but that doesn't mean I can overhaul a Lycoming air-cooled four cylinder opposed engine or know what the rigging is supposed to be for the flight controls.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!