Airbus Well I finally decided on a new cockpit :)

Well I found the new cockpit Im going to build. Whats great about this is I have spent the last 2 weeks creating and printing out all the panel overlays I need and they turned out looking pretty sweet. Here is a pic of the Cockpit im going to be building. Im using LOMAC and FSX as a base for the sims scenery. This is going to one very cool cockpit. I just got all the sound bites off a real one the other day from Cockpit Closing , Gear and flaps to Engine start up to warning systems. so well see how it goes. I may even have to give Gwyn a yell across the waves to help me with some things. If anyone has anyparts for this A/C or any manuals or anything that can help with the build to point me in right direction pleae kindly do so I could certainly use all you guys wonderful and certainly extensive knowledge. oops almost forgot to tell you what im building its (Drum roll ***)
    A10 thunderbolt

Regards Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Nice ground pounder. I've had Hog pilots tell me it flies as easily as a 172 only faster. Very uncomplicated and reliable aircraft.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar

Welcome back....at least with this one you will have the stick were it belongs.... no room for error though! lol
    Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    ... If anyone has anyparts for this A/C or any manuals or anything that can help ... A10 thunderbolt

Regards Tim
    You can buy a paper copy of TO 1A-10A-1 from Lulu http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...-manual/473774

And on CD: http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/A10.html

http://military-media.com/military/i...products_id=13

There have been a (very) few people working on Warthog sims over at Frugal's, for example see: http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/s...d.php?t=122685, and Gus's website: http://www.strandedduckling.com/

Seems like a neat project. I look forward to pictures.
    Last edited by Mike.Powell; 05-03-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: add link

Oh Tim, this is so sad., I know you are trying hard to delay joining the Geritol generation that is not interested in blowing things up. But it's official now... you are well on your way to getting there. You have hit the midlife crisis where you pick the sporty, noisy, cramped hot rod instead of the comfortable, quiet, plush luxury liner on 4 wheels.

I know you're just trying to re-capture your youth (been there, done that) but the clock is ticking and soon you'll be cursing when you will need to extricate yourself out of this sardine can and go pee for the 10th time in a one hour flight.

Maurice

hahaahaa Maurice,
    I can always count on you as a good supportive wingman lol Ill bring a bottle so i dont need to get out LMAO. Cool Michael that info from your friends definitely feels true. Mike awesome info my friend thank you so much, every bit helps for sure. Ill keep you guys posted on any major developements lots of planning going on right now and still have to dissasemble rest of my 340 and figure that all out.

talk soon my friends
    Tim

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Powell View Post
    I like the approach he uses to documenting the build showing all the panel work. I want to do something like that for my F-84F project.

http://www.strandedduckling.com/html/quad_ref.html

Love the Thunderbolt........

Great choice Tim.

The Thunderbolt was always my favorite growing up. Sure, Top Gun had it's F-14's, and the F-18 was new on the scene, but something about that A/C has always drawn me to it.

Not sure if it's the, "I'm here for business!" look that you can only get with a 30mm jutting out front. Or the otherworldly look of two massive power plants outboard of the fuselage.

Welcome back young Tim, cant wait to see this little baby come to life! Im sure it will test all of your skills but no doubt it will be a great set up.

No Nat tracks for us anymore though bud

10. Thanks warvet thanked for this post

Airbus

Ya true Rhys very sad but True. Ak yup I love all those same things my friend. Im definitely looking forward to this project for sure but this time Im taking my time and doing everything step by step.
    To start with Im selling my A3340 Overhead still and its beautifully done all wired with a seal skin leather Airbus gray frame. Also my A340 Cusrtom throttles / Thrust Levers are for sale already wire ready w 4/pots attached just pots alone cost almost $100 Also selling a complete Glare shield just needs FCU/EFIS to be put in actual size custom made. Excellennt way to save a ton of money on a new project.

Tim