10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cockpitsonic A320 RMP

I have a Cockpitsonic A320 RMP that is plug and play i.e. TEMPEST. I'm struggling with the power connector as I don't have a diagram that defines which pin requires what power supply. The connector has 3 pins. I've tried E-mailing Cockpitsonic to find out what power goes where but haven't had a response.

Is anybody able to help me with defining what power suuply e.g. 5v, 12v etc goes onto what pin.

Regards,
    Justin Doxey

Re: Cockpitsonic A320 RMP

Hi Justin,

I have the ECAM control panel from Cockpitsonic; it also uses a three-position connector for power. In my case, the common ground is on the middle pin, the end with the locking extension takes 5V, and the other end has 12V. This according to what another user told me; like you, I never received an answer to that question when I contacted Cockpitsonic...

By the way, have you been able to find a connector for your panel? I have been looking (almost) everywhere, but nothing came up for me. So up to now I have not been able to power up the panel - I would love to start using it!

Regards,
    Last edited by HansJansen; 01-19-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    Hans

10+ Posting Member

Hi Hans.

I have just tried that using the peripheral leads of a computer PSU but no luck I don't have a 3 pin connector so depinned the peripheral connector from the psu as that has +5 and +12 v on it.

Maybe I need the driver software and USB connection up and running to see any result. Next problem - I can't find the software!!!!

Regards,
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by JustinDoxey View Post
    Hi Hans.

I have just tried that using the peripheral leads of a computer PSU but no luck I don't have a 3 pin connector so depinned the peripheral connector from the psu as that has +5 and +12 v on it.

Maybe I need the driver software and USB connection up and running to see any result. Next problem - I can't find the software!!!!

Regards,
    Justin
    Haven't tested it myself yet, as I had no connector either. And the software: that is the second problem with this hardware! I want to use it in the X-Plane simulator, running on Linux (no MS Windows in my systems any more!). As I understand it, the only way to use this hardware is within MSFS, on Windows of course, using Project Magenta ($$$) plus a driver from Cockpitsonic and an extra bit of software (payware again!) from Eric Marciano. Then you can still only run it in the Wilco airbus...

My ECAM control panel is (I think) a simple affair of only buttons and LEDs; I should be able to find out how to write a USB driver for it on Linux. But first I need to connect power!

Hope you have some luck in locating software. Let me know in case you succeed please.

Regards,
    Last edited by HansJansen; 01-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    Hans