25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Jeehell with multuple outside views

Forgive me if this is a newbie question.

I am building a A320 cockpit and have been running FSX:SE with Aerosoft A320 with 3 screens for external views (one central, one left window and one right window) and another 3 for MIP, ECAM and MCDU.

I am keen to move across to Jeehell as I complete the pedestal, overhead,etc and add proper switches, buttons, etc.

I haven't spent a great deal of time with the Jeehell FMGS so far, but cannot seem to open additional outside views - am I missing something obvious, or do I need to add something else to give me the additional outside views?

Thanks,

Jim

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Jeehell with multuple outside views

Hello Jim! Jeehell soft is ment to be used without a virtual cockpit, instead you use the 2D View. For additional outside views you need to open an new Window in FSX (Options-> Views->New View - or something like that). Then you can drag and drop this window to your left or right screen. When this window is focused, simply do a "view left/right" and you got what you need.

Regards,
    Stephan

25+ Posting Member

Thanks Stephan,
    The views seem to be set up differently in this aircraft. I'm used to being able to go to the View Menu -> New View -> Cockpit and then selecting from a number of views - in my case Left Window. With this aircraft, I seem only to be able to create another cockpit view - identical to the main view - which I can't pan (presumably because I have disabled my controllers in FSX.

I will spend some more time with this as the joy of not having to manually create the instrument views and move/resize them on my screens every time is worth a great deal

J

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnorm View Post
    Thanks Stephan,
    The views seem to be set up differently in this aircraft. I'm used to being able to go to the View Menu -> New View -> Cockpit and then selecting from a number of views - in my case Left Window. With this aircraft, I seem only to be able to create another cockpit view - identical to the main view - which I can't pan (presumably because I have disabled my controllers in FSX.

J
    You are on the right way! First assign a joystick button f.e. with the "view left" command in FSUIPC (no assignment for "on release").Then create another cockpit view, get it focused and push the button. Your cockpit view will now turn into a sideview and remain.

Do the same with the right side, save your work and be happy

25+ Posting Member

Aha .... that's a smart to do it - I didn't think of that.

I see you are in Speyer!! We visited in 2011 when we cycled down the Rhine. I loved the Technik Museum - very cool.

J