Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: JeeHell FMGS on a remote Computer

Hi ALex, ´am not sure if i understood what you mean, but if you want to use FMGS on a dedicated seperate PC you don´t install the FMGS-Server on the P3D-PC, only on the FMGS-PC. Then you set up the config ONLY on that PC where FMGS-Server is installed. Not on others.
    reg. Bernd

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi Bernd, I am configuring 3x I5 & I7 PC according to the A320 FMGS V 50.1 installation guide. I found that the P3D/Server was loading the I7 PC till it is not flyable. That is why I wanted to install the FMGS server in PC2. But was unable to checked the server box on PC2 after I reinstall the program. From what you mention above the P3D PC should not be install with FMGS server in it, am I right? Then how do I connect the P3D PC with PC 2 Server? Presently the P3D PC is running okay with Jeehell A320 aircraft; if I uninstall FMGS program will the aircraft go missing from P3D? Hope you can advise me what to do. I am truly thankful for your help. Alex

Alex, first off all, i really suggest that you install the latest Revision of Jeehell. It´s the B52.3.6! You will find the link in the thread "
    A320 FMGS B52"
    http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...=32381&page=24

On the P3D-PC you install only the P3D-Main Application with the box ticked "Master FSX/P3D PC"
    On the PC2, lets call it the FMGS-Server, you need to install the Main Application with the box ticked "FMGS Server and AP/FBW" plus the other modules you want to put on this PC.
    The important point is to install on each PC only that portion of the installation you really need on that particular PC.
    I. Ex.: if you want to have the Captains PFD and ND on the 3. PC (no. 2 out of your 3 I5), you install "PFD Captain Side" and "ND Captain Side" on this PC, and only on this one!!
    As Jeehell mentioned in his documentation: "Only install the portion of the software on each PC that you need on this one"

You also have to make sure, that you have the Sim-Connect application properly installed, because this is the communication lane that is used by Jeehell FMGS to connect to the sim and to each involved PC in your network. In the latest Documentation Jeehell has discribed how to set this up. Another discription can be found here:
    https://soarbywire.com/2017/02/17/ru...ne-simconnect/

Hope this helps you a bit.
    reg. Bernd

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi Bernd,
    I have downloaded the latest Version FMGS software and will install it as per your advise above. I shall give you an update if everything work perfectly.
    Appreciate the help. best regards Alex.

25+ Posting Member

Hello everyone,

Im terribly stuck, read everything I could find, Ill try to be as brief as possible :

Computer A : FMGS + win 10 64 Pro
    Computer B : P3D V3.4 + win10 64 Home

Problem : FMGS Server does not connect to P3D
    When running FMGS on Computer B (one computer setup) all works fine.

-Ping works in both directions

-Both win10 with latest update

-All FireWall and Virus Protection on A & B disabled

-Simconnect located in P3D and executed on A & B

-Airplanes from FMGS-Folder installed in B and activated in P3D

-Updated FMGS and Installed 2x Nav-Data, configured Joystick settings

-changed Simconnect.xml with data from
    and changed IP to Computer B IP

-Made a Simconnect.cfg File with Computer B IP in Computer A in stated directory

-Of course unchecked this computer is running FSX / P3D on Computer A and checked Server

-Installed FMGS with Master FSX/P3D PC checked as Bernd suggested (tried also without FMGS running on Computer B)

-granted fulll access to everyone to specified folders in this thread
    (although I switched off every virus Protection Windows still managed to delete starter.exe from A320 Folder, stating its a threat, during several new installs !)

2 Questions :

1: When running FMGS Configure.exe you are able to change 4 Server Ports (8003-8006), are they supposed to be be set to the port stated in SimConnect.XML and Simconnect.CFG (9017 in above link) ? Tried this as well, just wondering.

2: When running configure.exe (as admin) a second time, the 3 Checkboxes are empty again, IP-adress of Computer running P3D is memorized though. Is this normal behaviour ?

Any suggestions highly appreciated ! Brgds Toulouse

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Toulouse View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im terribly stuck, read everything I could find, Ill try to be as brief as possible :

-Made a Simconnect.cfg File with Computer B IP in Computer A in stated directory

-Of course unchecked this computer is running FSX / P3D on Computer A and checked Server

-Installed FMGS with Master FSX/P3D PC checked as Bernd suggested (tried also without FMGS running on Computer B)

(although I switched off every virus Protection Windows still managed to delete starter.exe from A320 Folder, stating its a threat, during several new installs !)

2 Questions :

1: When running FMGS Configure.exe you are able to change 4 Server Ports (8003-8006), are they supposed to be be set to the port stated in SimConnect.XML and Simconnect.CFG (9017 in above link) ? Tried this as well, just wondering.

2: When running configure.exe (as admin) a second time, the 3 Checkboxes are empty again, IP-adress of Computer running P3D is memorized though. Is this normal behaviour ?

1.you should leave the default ports (8003-8006)

2.it is a normal behaviour, it gets the data only from the installer executable for now, when you run it again it loses that input.

You should try to delete your simconnect.xml file and try again doing it manually from scratch. It is not easyly done though I noticed donwloading the file from the net induces weird invisible characters in the file which make it improper for P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Toulouse View Post
    Hello everyone,

2 Questions :

1.you should leave the default ports (8003-8006)

2.it is a normal behaviour, it gets the data only from the installer executable for now, when you run it again it loses that input.

You should try to delete your simconnect.xml file and try again doing it manually from scratch. It is not easyly done though I noticed donwloading the file from the net induces weird invisible characters in the file which make it improper for P3D.

25+ Posting Member

Tanks for the fast reply - I´ll try...

25+ Posting Member

Sorry to be bothering you all on the same matter.

Taking Jeehells advice Im starting completely from scratch. Buying a new P3d V4.5 (used to be on 3.4) and doing a complete new Install of FMGS and P3D.

I just want to make sure about two issues beforehand:

Having located simconnect.msi in

C:\Program Files (x86) /Lockheed Martin /Prepar3D v3/redist/Interface/SX-SP2-XPACK/retail / lib

I run this on the P3D computer, copy it to the FMGS Computer (does the location matter ?) and run it there…

Edit the XML File (this time I´ll try edit-pad and use the save as XML-Document option, who knows, maybe it will help) by simply copying your version into it, replacing the ip-Adress and deleting the rest…(is there any way to generate a valid new XML File if it is missing ?)

All this correct so far ?

the XML file should be edited by the installer, even if missing it should be created with correct details.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast