10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question A320 OHD - Some knowledge needed for planning the parts

Dear SimFriends!

UnfortunatelyI’m not a pro-pilot so building my sim and as well using it is sometimes a hugechallenge for me – also because I’m missing the right documentation for me (orI just did not find it until now).

I'm building an A320 manily based on FDS panels and AST Software.

Currently I’m planning my OHD to order, butguess this has to be done carefully due not to buy too many switches I’ll neveruse – mainly a question of saving money. My goalis to start up from cold and dark and making a flight from A to B. I’m reallywondering if I need the following switches in the OHD in an operating or just in a dummy version:

FLT CTL Cpt Panel:
    ELAC1,SEC1, FAC1

ADIRS Panel:
    IR1,IR2, IR3, ADR1, ADR2, ADR3

AIR COND Panel: HOTAIR, PACK1, PACK2

FLT CTL F/O Panel:
    ELAC2, SEC2, SEC3, FAC2

The otherswitches in OHD are more or less clear for me.

Is thereanybody who can tell me this? Of course, there are web portals explaining everysystem in detail, but this pages doesn’t tell me if I need the switches or not formy way of operation. Many thanks for an answer which helps me to proceed!

BestRegards
    jogig

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 OHD - Some knowledge needed for planning the parts

Quote Originally Posted by joergg View Post
    Dear SimFriends!

UnfortunatelyI’m not a pro-pilot so building my sim and as well using it is sometimes a hugechallenge for me – also because I’m missing the right documentation for me (orI just did not find it until now).

I'm building an A320 manily based on FDS panels and AST Software.

Currently I’m planning my OHD to order, butguess this has to be done carefully due not to buy too many switches I’ll neveruse – mainly a question of saving money. My goalis to start up from cold and dark and making a flight from A to B. I’m reallywondering if I need the following switches in the OHD in an operating or just in a dummy version:

FLT CTL Cpt Panel:
    ELAC1,SEC1, FAC1

ADIRS Panel:
    IR1,IR2, IR3, ADR1, ADR2, ADR3

AIR COND Panel: HOTAIR, PACK1, PACK2

FLT CTL F/O Panel:
    ELAC2, SEC2, SEC3, FAC2

The otherswitches in OHD are more or less clear for me.

Is thereanybody who can tell me this? Of course, there are web portals explaining everysystem in detail, but this pages doesn’t tell me if I need the switches or not formy way of operation. Many thanks for an answer which helps me to proceed!

BestRegards
    jogig
    Hi,
    Sadly a "cheap" overhead panel is just not an option for the a320 series (Trust me, i have tried). But the only switches you will need is the apu master and apu start, ground pwr switch, and for some simulators i suggest getting the whole hydrolic panel. Thats just for cold in dark to pushback, if you want to get to poin A-B you will need the whole panel other than the eng fire panels (If you are not doing emergency procedures) or the air cond panels. you also dont really need the emergency elec config panel or the elec panel to start off with unless doing emergency procedures.