Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Help! I cant get XPUIPC to use my GF EFIS in Project Magenta Boeing GC!

Has anyone gotten XPUIPC to work with the Go flight EFIS unit and operate Project Magenta? I just purchased GF MCP Pro and EFIS and they are awesome! They work great with XPUIPC and the x737 that I am using. Both units function (because they change everything on the screen within the x737 cockpit, however when it comes to controlling Project Magenta Boeing PFD and ND: the MCP is the only part that works. The only function that works inside of Project Magenta with the GF EFIS is the Barometric pressure scale/Kohlsman. ) Aren't all of those commands pre-programmed into xpuipc for PM? I have the latest version of all software. If I am a bonehead and should know that you have to program those offset stuff please forgive me. I have read through the xpuipc manual over 20 times at least and looked inside the xpuipcoffsets.cfg for the instructions on how to do it (similar to fsuipc) for over a month or so by myself but I just dont understand what is going on with datarefs and all that stuff. I have located and printed out all of the offsets of every program I would like to use with x-plane now I just don't know how to use the offsets, or get them into x-plane. I also bought a Leo Bodnar card to hopefully program the offsets for the autobrake function in PM and other a few other things. If someone has already done this: PLEASE POST YOUR xpuipcoffset.cfg file for me. But I would like to learn/understand how to "insert" the offsets myself so I can still use the old MS flight simulator programs I have with x-plane and my BU0386x card. If someone would please take a little time to post a link that explains how to do this if all ready done, or please (in simple layman terms I am not a programmer obviously) could someone just "explain what, why and where" I need to type into the xpuipcoffsets.cfg file to use the offsets I have located. I learned how to do this with FSUIPC because all you have to do is input the values in a window of the program but since this is all command line stuff I am way over my head! Any help would be highly appreciated because I have only four aspirins left and I am at my wits end.

Thank you.

75+ Posting Member

Re: Help! I cant get XPUIPC to use my GF EFIS in Project Magenta Boeing GC!

Hi christianpilot1,

I have no goflight modules, so I am not sure how they communicate with PM. Can you please do a Log file for me while you use the EFIS functions and send it to me....

Perhaps I can find out what is going on....

Thanks

Torsten

3. Thanks christianpilot1 thanked for this post

Thanks Torsten,

I sent you an email to the xpuipc@tosi-online.de address. Have a great day!

75+ Posting Member

Check your files.....

Torsten

Could you please drop me an email and explain a little more about what you mean in "check my files".

Much Thanks

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by christianpilot1 View Post
    Could you please drop me an email and explain a little more about what you mean in "check my files".

Much Thanks
    Oh, sorry, I ment that at the moment I check your files you send to me .....

Torsten

Oh ok thanks (I wish there was a way that I could plead with Sandy Barbour to somehow "hardcode" PM offsets into his plugin (if possible) for the EFIS unit or if we could type in the offsets via your XPUIPC plugin similar to the way its done with FSUIPC.) I saved up for the combination (EFIS/MCP and touchscreens) and have been wanting to get my 737 fully operational for over a year. Getting closer though!
    Thanks again