Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

JeeHell source code for compiling on ARM

Hello,

I really like JeeHell as a free software which is so complex that it is the best solution available for A320 cockpits. At the moment I do not know which computers to use for all the displays and IOs. I really like to use JeeHell but the problem is that I really like those Raspberry Pi computers as huge PCs would be a complete overkill. I find it interesting to have more small Pis than having to big towers.
    As JeeHell is only available for Windows I cannot use it on the ARM based Pi. What would be about compiling JeeHell for an ARM Linux? I think there would be lots of builders who really would like to use the Pi and JeeHell because it would be a really powerful and attractive combination.

Regards
    derpilot

Re: JeeHell source code for compiling on ARM

Quote Originally Posted by derpilot View Post
    Hello,

I really like JeeHell as a free software which is so complex that it is the best solution available for A320 cockpits. At the moment I do not know which computers to use for all the displays and IOs. I really like to use JeeHell but the problem is that I really like those Raspberry Pi computers as huge PCs would be a complete overkill. I find it interesting to have more small Pis than having to big towers.
    As JeeHell is only available for Windows I cannot use it on the ARM based Pi. What would be about compiling JeeHell for an ARM Linux? I think there would be lots of builders who really would like to use the Pi and JeeHell because it would be a really powerful and attractive combination.

Regards
    derpilot

We have yesterday the same discution...jeehell on linux. This time only for win os. We7they try on linux with wine but not probably working.

Uuups I see, you new here, WELCOME
    Cheers Chris
    Nothing gets me down - until my girlfriend say " Darling...please...garbage!" Homepage: www.fsx-cockpit.com

I saw the discussion but the difference is that even with Wine you would not get it working on a Raspberry Pi since it is based on an ARM processor. JeeHell on a Linux PC would not better the situation where we are in that we need overpowered PCs for the display and IO system. For this reason it would be helpful if the code would be accessible for those who want to use a Pi. Surely there is no support for that but when you tinker a self programmed solution comparable with JeeHell (which is nearly impossible to do) then you would nat have support either.
    For those who just do not like Linux or cannot afford Windows, Wine might be a solution as long as it is working but for those who want to use the great benefits of a small and cheap computer this is not interesting since the Pi cannot execute x86 code.

The homecockpit community is based on different people tinkering here and there and trying new things. So I really would appreciate it if one had the possibility of build an own version of JeeHell for the own needs. There is no ultimative solution for everyone as every homecockpit project is different and everybody demands different standards from his system.

PS: Actually I made my account just for the reason of JeeHell but I noticed there are lots of interesting groups in this forum

Regards
    derpilot

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

So I guess the question remains -- what is the most afordable x86 Windows platform which can run Jeehell FMGS and has a small form factor?

150+ Forum Groupie

Ever thought about using a thin client like this? http://www.ebay.de/itm/THINCLIENT-MI...item3f30e15c55

English description below

Regards,
    Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Schwarz View Post
    Ever thought about using a thin client like this? http://www.ebay.de/itm/THINCLIENT-MI...item3f30e15c55

English description below

Regards,
    Stephan
    Yes, we used these in the hospital I use to work in --- static images, great...not too sure how it would go with opengl.

And don't you need Windows NT or some sort of server to load the program from?

150+ Forum Groupie

Well, this one has an embedded WindowsXPe .. so you should be able to run the software directly, but I dont know how it performs with openGL applications

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Schwarz View Post
    Well, this one has an embedded WindowsXPe .. so you should be able to run the software directly, but I dont know how it performs with openGL applications
    It has the following graphics card -- SiS741GX Integrated/UMA graphics with 16 MB shared graphics memory...not too sure about the performance.

It could be that it wont work on the Pi or these mini PCs either due to performance issues, but if we had the source we could find out. It is a free sodtware so why not? I know it means more work to publish the code but eventually this could lead in manifold possibilities.

Hey,
    Thinclients are very fast with removed XPembedet and installed 2,5" HDD.
    I use one with 2GB Ram and 40GB HDD. You can remove the flashdrive without damage. Drivers no problem.
    Either you can use a CF Card. ( faster as a HDD )

And the best is power consum and no noise
    With Desktop-remote you can place your instruments from a other PC.
    If you don´t want a cable for lan, use a Wlan-Stick, no problem.

Tipp: First think about what Software should run on ThinClient.
    If you don´t need Internet, you don´t need the updates, firewall and anti-virus. So, Thinclient work much faster...

Greetings,
    Chris
    Nothing gets me down - until my girlfriend say " Darling...please...garbage!" Homepage: www.fsx-cockpit.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast