10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing Newbie with (yet another) 737NG on the way!

Hi Guys,

My name is Matt and I'm a long time lurker on here. I've been wanting to build a 'pit for about 7 years now. My inital thoughts were quite humble i.e. maybe use PMDG split across two monitors. Unfortunately I got talking to a good friend, and fellow sim enthusiast, and our ideas escalated somewhat! One thing led to another and we're now in the middle of building a two seat 737NG setup.

I realise the 737 is a well trodden route but we both love the aircraft and thought we'd hopefully benefit from the experience of others as we're both new to this game.

I've included some piccies of the evolution of our beast. It was a long time in the planning but has suddenly started to grow rapidly (consuming much time, effort and money!). Mostly FDS and Cockpitsonic but with other little bits here and there.

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    4.JPG
    7.JPG

That last photo is my favorite. We just took delivery of a Revolution Sim Products motorised throttle quadrant and it is AWESOME! Could literally watch those throttles move backwards and forwards all day long

Lots of stuff still to do obviously with the sim, but we're loving the process and looking forward to chatting with everybody here about ideas etc.. (you'll notice we currently have no real outside visual system, that's definatley gonna have to change soon!).

Anyway, that's me. Nice to meet you.

Best regards,
    Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (60.7 KB, 39 views)

75+ Posting Member AndreNordheim's Avatar

Re: Newbie with (yet another) 737NG on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by low fidelity View Post
    Hi Guys,

My name is Matt and I'm a long time lurker on here. I've been wanting to build a 'pit for about 7 years now. My inital thoughts were quite humble i.e. maybe use PMDG split across two monitors. Unfortunately I got talking to a good friend, and fellow sim enthusiast, and our ideas escalated somewhat! One thing led to another and we're now in the middle of building a two seat 737NG setup.

I realise the 737 is a well trodden route but we both love the aircraft and thought we'd hopefully benefit from the experience of others as we're both new to this game.

I've included some piccies of the evolution of our beast. It was a long time in the planning but has suddenly started to grow rapidly (consuming much time, effort and money!). Mostly FDS and Cockpitsonic but with other little bits here and there.

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    4.JPG
    7.JPG

That last photo is my favorite. We just took delivery of a Revolution Sim Products motorised throttle quadrant and it is AWESOME! Could literally watch those throttles move backwards and forwards all day long

Lots of stuff still to do obviously with the sim, but we're loving the process and looking forward to chatting with everybody here about ideas etc.. (you'll notice we currently have no real outside visual system, that's definatley gonna have to change soon!).

Anyway, that's me. Nice to meet you.

Best regards,
    Matt
    Hi Matt,

Cool to see another enthusiast take on the challenge of building a 737.

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Hi Matt, and welcome.

Good to see another NG in the UK. Where abouts in England are you? I'm in the Toon.

Sean

4. Thanks low fidelity thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Hi Sean,

Sorry for the slow response. We're down near Milton Keynes.
    Someone has to have a 737NG down here now easyJet have pulled all of their's out of Luton!

Happy building,

Matt

10+ Posting Member

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie from Scotland!

You look to have made some great progress so far and indeed have got the basics setup that I am literally on the verge of setting up myself. It would be good to have a little more detail on what you have setup, which software, hardware and which suppliers?

That would help me tremendously with my first purchases and build activities.

Cheers,

Steve.

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum, really great setup and thankyou for the photos, always great to see. Myself, Sean and steve and all the other UK builders which haven't got round to commenting yet are always happy to help. Please keep up updated on progress,... what's the next stage then?
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk