Thread: BAe Hawk T.1A

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level amagicdrag0n's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

BAe Hawk T.1A

Hi

I would like to build a Hawk T1A cockpit, but am having difficulty finding measurements for it.
    Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
    Dave

Hi dave

I am also building a hawk t1.A.

My simpit is more a generic military pit but based on the switchology for the hawk and using the skysim hawk for FSX by rick piper for the flight model. so cant give you dimensions etc but if you want just a generic military pit to start from i can point you in the correct directions

welcome to the forum and I hope that maybe we can share a few ideas as the hawk is not a model that is widely built.

dave

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level amagicdrag0n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaspar View Post
    if you want just a generic military pit to start from i can point you in the correct directions
    Hi Dave

That would really be appreciated. I'm sure that we could help each other

Regards
    Dave

dave

im more of a flyer than a constructor so my pit is a simple tub and not based on any real measurements of the hawk. but i aim to have as many of the switches etc functional as possible and to that respect the internal layout is close to the actual hawk.

my shell for the hawk is based on drawings i got from http://www.xflight.de/
    this is a F16 site but had good pictures and scale drawings to create a 6ft by 4ft tub on which to start.
    ive nearly finished the tub and an in the process of fitting the instrument panel and switches along with the pc's to run the software.

i already have saitek x52 stick and throtle along with rudder, 15" tft's for the main instruments and i have three 17" tft's along with a THTG for the outside visulisations. a 5.1 sound system with two auroa base shakers should handle the sound and vibrations to give realism to flight.

this will all run i hope on a AMD 6000 3.2ghtz dual core and nvidia 9500gt 1gb as the main FSX pc along with 3 or maybe 4 lesser P4 based pc's to run Fsxpand for the instruments.

swirches are interfaced with two of leo bonners exelent bu0836x cards.

only time will tell if i've got this right or not.

ps make sure youve got an understanding wife and enough space for your pit.

Thanks Dave

This information is very useful.

For info, I have been flying FSX for sometime with just a desktop set up. I decided that, when I retire in a couple of years, I needed a hobby to keep me occupied and decided on a Simpit. I have had a look at a few on the web and realised that I wanted something that would stretch me a little, but not overwhelm me or break the bank.
    I only live 30 miles from RAF Scampton, so see the Red Arrows often and we also had Hawks based locally at Finningley until the base closed and that decided me on the Hawk.

One site that I did find last night that was interesting is:
    http://tinyurl.com/d5t96v

I have just dropped him an email to see if he has any info that will help (if I get anything back I will let you know)

Regards
    Dave