Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

need help with toggle switches please

i started to wire my overhead i bought from poldragonet using the fdssys1x card i never done this before im trying to make a simple on/off switch and this is what i need help the switch has 3 posts middle being positive 2 outer ones is your continouity (ground) i wired one positive one negative the switch toggles once with interface it do i need to run another common on the other post to toggle switch off? is actually off a function i need to setup? im using prosim and just trying to understand how the interface card and prosim communicate if anyone can help will be apreciated regards Aaron

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: need help with toggle switches please

Quote Originally Posted by pelgrin21 View Post
    i started to wire my overhead i bought from poldragonet using the fdssys1x card i never done this before im trying to make a simple on/off switch and this is what i need help the switch has 3 posts middle being positive 2 outer ones is your continouity (ground) i wired one positive one negative the switch toggles once with interface it do i need to run another common on the other post to toggle switch off? is actually off a function i need to setup? im using prosim and just trying to understand how the interface card and prosim communicate if anyone can help will be apreciated regards Aaron
    The middle pin is your ground, the two outer pins are switch positions. If its just on / off you need, you only need to solder a wire to one of the outer pins. then connect to your board (middle to ground, then outer pin to your input connection) Then configure in prosim.