Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question ADVICE please on suitable 737ng throttle

Hello

I'm constructing a 737 sim and am seeking advice to a good "reliable" throttle for the sim. I am not interested in the lower units such as GoFlight, etc.

I have looked at Sim Revolution and ThrottleTec. I've also sought information on the Open Cockpit throttle (but e-mails are never answered from sales).

I have read some very good reports on SR and TT throttles, however, have also discovered several uses of highly prices SR throttles that are not happy. They appear to have issues which are complicated and cannot be rectified. For such a high price, satisfaction & 100% certainty are paramount and expected!

Can users please help with advice.

Many thanks. Best, WilloW
    Iain Williams (aka WiloW)
    http://www.Flaps2Approach.com

Re: ADVICE please on suitable 737ng throttle

go to northernflightsim.com
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

3. Thanks Willow thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Hello

I have read some very good reports on SR and TT throttles, however, have also discovered several uses of highly prices SR throttles that are not happy. They appear to have issues which are complicated and cannot be rectified. For such a high price, satisfaction & 100% certainty are paramount and expected!

Can users please help with advice.

Many thanks. Best, WilloW
    WilloW,

I guess you refer with SR to Revolution Simproducts. I'm interested to know which "issues that are complicated and cannot be rectified" you exactly have in mind. As far as I know their TQ is capable of more functions than any other TQ in the market. But you have to bear in mind that the TQ can only respond to what FS and other software (like PM or ProSim) produce on input. So your expectations need to be in line with that. FYI, I'm very satisfied with my TQ from Revolution Simproducts.

Regards,

JWS

Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
    WilloW,

I guess you refer with SR to Revolution Simproducts. I'm interested to know which "issues that are complicated and cannot be rectified" you exactly have in mind. As far as I know their TQ is capable of more functions than any other TQ in the market. But you have to bear in mind that the TQ can only respond to what FS and other software (like PM or ProSim) produce on input. So your expectations need to be in line with that. FYI, I'm very satisfied with my TQ from Revolution Simproducts.

Regards,

JWS
    Hi:

Thanks for the note. The people I have spoken with (e-mail) did not elaborate on the issues in great detail, other than to warn me not to buy one. One fellow complained that the set up was impossible to implement and the TR would not respond accordingly. Another complained of the TQ functionality not working correctly. Another stated that the throttle handles in motorized mode made a unusual noise during flight which was not evident earlier. One fellow mentioned that some of the commands during flight were not received correctly in relation to CDU commands. All mentioned the poor support offered after initial help didn't solve issues. Granted that all these throttles were 2009 and 2010 models. I'm lead to understand that revolution sim is in constantly developing and upgrading its product range.

I'm not an overly technical person. Yes I can work out teething issues and expect teething issues. But, these poor comments worried me somewhat for such an expensive piece of hardware.

For the record, I am in NO WAY indicating that the TR is of poor quality, etc. I have not seen one. I am only stating what some others have told me.

Well, since their comments were not very detailed it's not clear whether these problems were hardware or software related. As far as I can judge most of the things you mentioned tend to indicate software issues. As for the support, apart from the obvious fact that "poor" has not been defined, it is a small company that has to get things on the road. There have been some strokes of bad luck also. But it may not be surprising that if problems are caused by software that is out of their control, these problems will not get solved over night. My first TQ was a 2010 model, I now have a 2011 model, and yes I've had some issues. But they have been taken care of. And things have developed.
    The TQ is an expensive part of the cockpit and in my opinion not the part you have to start with.

Regards,

JWS

7. Thanks Willow thanked for this post

Some good advice there JWS - thanks, WilloW

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Some good advice there JWS - thanks, WilloW
    My non motorized TQ still works great!

10. Thanks Willow thanked for this post

Hi!

We have the non-motorized version of the TQ from flightsimulatorcenter.com.

It comes in a very robust wood-box, very well assembly.

It was the best price-quality when we were looking for our TQ and we are very happy with it.

Just two minor things after a year of use: the park brake looses his initial feels, but we were able to fix it by ourselfl. The leveler 2 (right one) was unable to calibrate (its becomes jerky in some place). I am sure this can be easily repaired, but I have no time to start dismounting the whole thing. So we manage the two engines via the leveler 1.

This company solds separately the TQ and the driver (I dont know why) and the TQ can not be used without it. But the price in the store (1200€) includes the fsx (or fs9) driver.
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com

12. Thanks Willow thanked for this post