Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

737 Windowsill measurements & angles

Hi,

Due to a period in which nothing happened in my building activities I also took leave from this forum. Last 6 months I picked up the project again and I have made some progress on the flight deck base and the overhead frame. I also dug into the old posts and drawings I got from Vidarf about sidewalls/liners.

I hope you fellow builders can supply me with some additional information (I've sent Vidarf a private post but it seems that he does not visit this forum anymore).

As far as I can tell, the sidewall has a downward slope from the MIP to the back of the flightdeck starting at a height of 87 cm and ending at 44 cm. If I make a drawing with the correct measurement in scale, I will be able to figure out the degree of the slope.
    BUT, if I'm not mistaken the beam (or windowsill if you like) that runs on top of the side panel underneath the side windows also has a slope towards the inside of the cabin (i.e. the outside rim - closest to the window - is higher than the inside rim - closest to the captain-).

Does someone has the measurements for that "beam" and know under which angle this beam is positioned?

There also seems to be a thicker part closest to the MIP where the window can be opened. Any ideas about that piece?

Thanks in advance.

JWS

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: 737 Windowsill measurements & angles

Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
    Hi,

Due to a period in which nothing happened in my building activities I also took leave from this forum. Last 6 months I picked up the project again and I have made some progress on the flight deck base and the overhead frame. I also dug into the old posts and drawings I got from Vidarf about sidewalls/liners.

I hope you fellow builders can supply me with some additional information (I've sent Vidarf a private post but it seems that he does not visit this forum anymore).

As far as I can tell, the sidewall has a downward slope from the MIP to the back of the flightdeck starting at a height of 87 cm and ending at 44 cm. If I make a drawing with the correct measurement in scale, I will be able to figure out the degree of the slope.
    BUT, if I'm not mistaken the beam (or windowsill if you like) that runs on top of the side panel underneath the side windows also has a slope towards the inside of the cabin (i.e. the outside rim - closest to the window - is higher than the inside rim - closest to the captain-).

Does someone has the measurements for that "beam" and know under which angle this beam is positioned?

There also seems to be a thicker part closest to the MIP where the window can be opened. Any ideas about that piece?

Thanks in advance.

JWS
    hi
    send me your email and I will send the drawings to use with google sketch
    regards
    dave

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi JWS

I have a copy of Vidars side panel plans if Daves doesn't work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by birdyguy View Post
    Hi JWS

I have a copy of Vidars side panel plans if Daves doesn't work out for you.
    Thanks,

I got Daves' plans and they give a nice impression on the measurements themselves for the sill (22x6 cm). But I still have to find out what the angle (inwards) is. I have a copy of Vidarfs plans too but unfortunately they give no information about the sill, only the sidepanels.

Regards,

JWS