Thread: FSUIPC issue?

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org FSUIPC issue?

Hi

Quick question, I just "registered" a new version of FSUIPC 3.80 , when I open it from the modules window in F's, the fsuipc window is sized in a way that it only shows what looks like, the "upper left" corner of the FSUIPC window. Hence I am unable to see all features and can't register wide view. Have you ever heard of this?

regards

Dennis
    "VENOM 359ES"

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

That sounds weird! Search Pete's support forum and see if anyone else has had that happen - or post your question there. Pete is quick to respond.
    http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

3. Thanks DENNIS ORSAG thanked for this post
    300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS ORSAG View Post
    Quick question, I just "registered" a new version of FSUIPC 3.80 , when I open it from the modules window in F's, the fsuipc window is sized in a way that it only shows what looks like, the "upper left" corner of the FSUIPC window. Hence I am unable to see all features and can't register wide view. Have you ever heard of this?
    The FSUIPC dialogues are standard Windows windows -- the sizes and fonts are not decided by FSUIPC, but by Windows own libraries. The usual reason the fonts are too big for the window is a version of COMCTL32.DLL installed which is not compatible (uses different screen units) with the main graphics library in Windows. In the past this has been a fault of some video driver packages which overwrite the "official" MS version of this library with their own OEM version, without regard to the versioning.

Before attempting to repair Windows, you might want to check your desktop font settings -- right click, Properties, Appearance, Font Size. Make sure that is "Normal". If that doesn't help, or you need a large font size for other reasons, then I'm afraid it's a repair job. You'd need to get Windows to reinstall its own library. Not sure how to do that easily, as COMCTL32 is used a lot. If you do a clean boot, or a "safe boot" into Windows, you might be able to get it replaced from Windows backup or CDRom.

Regards

Pete

5. Thanks DENNIS ORSAG thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Hi

Thanks for the reply and suggestion

kind regards

Dennis
    "VENOM 359ES"

10+ Posting Member

Mycockpit.org

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    The FSUIPC dialogues are standard Windows windows -- the sizes and fonts are not decided by FSUIPC, but by Windows own libraries. The usual reason the fonts are too big for the window is a version of COMCTL32.DLL installed which is not compatible (uses different screen units) with the main graphics library in Windows. In the past this has been a fault of some video driver packages which overwrite the "official" MS version of this library with their own OEM version, without regard to the versioning.

Before attempting to repair Windows, you might want to check your desktop font settings -- right click, Properties, Appearance, Font Size. Make sure that is "Normal". If that doesn't help, or you need a large font size for other reasons, then I'm afraid it's a repair job. You'd need to get Windows to reinstall its own library. Not sure how to do that easily, as COMCTL32 is used a lot. If you do a clean boot, or a "safe boot" into Windows, you might be able to get it replaced from Windows backup or CDRom.

Regards

Pete
    Pete,

Thank you for the reply and info. I will work on this today.

kind regards

Dennis
    "VENOM 359ES"