Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

IFLY 737 SDK

Hello everyone.
    I downloaded SDK for IFLY 737NG.
    I have a two folders: 737NG_SDK_EXE and 737NG_SDK_EXE1. In both folders i have many C++ files. Anyone can tell me in what of these files i can find offsets for IFLY 737,
    I started to build 737 CDU for ifly and i need offsets to programm CDU buttons.

Thanks in advance.
    Milan.
    Sorry for bad english i'm from Bosnia and Hercegovina.

25+ Posting Member

Re: IFLY 737 SDK

Right, I canot also find iFly offset at C++ file, someone who knows about it can help us….

10+ Posting Member

Hi, the answer is quite straightforward, there are no offsets in the IFL737 models.
    The control of the aircraft is done by programming key strokes to interact with the internal variables or by using the mouse.(look under IFLY - Key assignments in the menus)
    What the SDK allows you to do is write C++ or VB routines to connect to the IFLy internal variables and allow external deviices to reach those variables.
    The SDK also allows you to write routines to access the states of the outputs such as annunciators and then connect to LEDs displays etc.
    If you are unable to write in C++ or VB then the SDK is no use.
    Why IFLY chose this route, I dont understand, it would make the model more accessible to cockpit builders if it simply used the FSUIPC or FS offsets we all can understand

Good luck Pippo

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo View Post
    Why IFLY chose this route, I dont understand, it would make the model more accessible to cockpit builders if it simply used the FSUIPC or FS offsets we all can understand
    Well a SDK (= a programming interface) offers the best, powerful, flexible, independent and generic way to interface!
    Hardware developers (MCP, FMC, ..) can develop their own drivers based on this SDK.
    Third parties can develop tools to translate the interface to FSUIPC offsets, SIOC variables, and so on. (The latter approach I have taken with my lekseecon program for the Level-D 767 SDK.)
    So that's why companies do this, I guess.
    Regards,
    Nico

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    Well a SDK (= a programming interface) offers the best, powerful, flexible, independent and generic way to interface!
    Hardware developers (MCP, FMC, ..) can develop their own drivers based on this SDK.
    Third parties can develop tools to translate the interface to FSUIPC offsets, SIOC variables, and so on. (The latter approach I have taken with my lekseecon program for the Level-D 767 SDK.)
    So that's why companies do this, I guess.
    Regards,
    Nico
    Hi Nico, I fully agree with you in that the SDK is a more flexible and capable approach to use. However I guess from all the requests that have been made on the Flight 1 Ifly forums for information on which offsets can be used with the Ifly737, there are many like me that have a collection of interface cards, some obsolete like my FDT Sim-Boards or Joysticks or Joystick emulators which can happily work with Peter Dowson's FSUIPC offsets and of course notch into the complete range of Project Magenta Input and output offsets.
    Not all cockpit builders are sufficiently skilled in their programming to use the SDK.
    If we are to wait for the hardware suppliers to put out connection interfaces, that wont work for the older cards like mine that are no longer being supported. What about all the simmers that are using Joysticks etc?
    I know that Ifly provide a comprehensive Keyboard deffintion file which allows inputs via the FSUIPC buttons function to generate keystrokes but its clumsy and not thatreliable in my experience. There is no simple way to get to the outputs.
    When you install the Ifly jet, a screen comes up aknowledgeing the contibution of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC in the model (even though they spell Peter's name incorrectly !)
    Would it not have been possible for them to simply connect their internal variables to a range of FSUIPC offsets (even the PM ones if appropriate) that way legacy harware could still be used.
    I have a range of OpenCockpits hardware, MCP, EFIS, CDU which the excellent SIOC software interface which is available from OC connects to the Ifly.
    They also have some outputs from the Ifly for their Outputs card.
    This helps but it still means that all of my overhead is using Keystrokes and I have no annunciators unless I ditch all my cards and start again.

By the way I checked out your excellent lekseecon Level -D 767 software a while back before I decided to go for the Ifly 737. The reason being that I had already built my 737 overhead which I was going to use with PM. I bought all the PM GC software and was using the Demo PM Systems to drive the overhead,
    However to take it further would mean buying the full version. Its too expensive, especially as the Ifly systems model seems to be very good
    Perhaps you might like to extend lekseecon to an Ifly 737 version? If you did so you would make a lot of people very happy!
    Thank you for your comments,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo View Post
    Perhaps you might like to extend lekseecon to an Ifly 737 version?
    No, I'm sorry, I've no time for that and my cockpit is 757/767 only ...
    Note it's not something that can be done over the weekend, the development of lekseecon took me about 1 manyear in total ...

regards,
    Nico

Nico,

I would like to thank for your dedication to the lekseecon software. If we where to endeavour to learn C++ in order to interface the Ifly 737, How practical is that?

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_great01 View Post
    Nico,

I would like to thank for your dedication to the lekseecon software. If we where to endeavour to learn C++ in order to interface the Ifly 737, How practical is that?
    The Ifly737 is fully interfaceable now. They even offer an outstanding Cockpit Builder's Version,

Quote Originally Posted by the_great01 View Post
    If we where to endeavour to learn C++ in order to interface the Ifly 737, How practical is that?
    If you have no experience with programming languages, don't do it.