Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org Cessna 172 - Step by Step Tutorial

I have documented my work on building a Cessna 172 Cockpit. It is still a work in progress. Check my website for more info.

Diy Cessna 172 Cockpit

Happy flying
    AlbEagle

Re: Cessna 172 - Step by Step Tutorial

Some more pictures with Radio Stack and GPS.

Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

Very cool website with a lot of great information. I'm glad you gave Air Manager a try. I'm the guy who made the Cessna 172R/S instruments for Air Manager (I'm just a cockpit builder like you, I have no affiliation with Sim Innovations). You did exactly what I was planning to do for my radio stack. Only difference is you actually did it. I only got as far as running some 7-segments from an Arduino and I wrote my own code to get the data from X-plane and send to the arduino. I got that all working I just never went any further with it. I appreciate you sharing the graphics files. I may want to make use of them! Great job overall on your sim.

10+ Posting Member

Great work, compliment. Also I'm building a home cockpit of the C172. My cockpit will have a lower switch panel with starter magnetos switch, all switches for battery, alternator lights etc., the throttle and mixture (here some pictures of my work https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h90vffkas...G3ClNRbfa?dl=0 ). I would realize also the flap mechanism but I don't know how I ca build it.
    I would like to do one like this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiqT_6Jcik ), for you how I can do it?
    Thanks and ciao

Quote Originally Posted by Xpendable View Post
    Very cool website with a lot of great information. I'm glad you gave Air Manager a try. I'm the guy who made the Cessna 172R/S instruments for Air Manager (I'm just a cockpit builder like you, I have no affiliation with Sim Innovations). You did exactly what I was planning to do for my radio stack. Only difference is you actually did it. I only got as far as running some 7-segments from an Arduino and I wrote my own code to get the data from X-plane and send to the arduino. I got that all working I just never went any further with it. I appreciate you sharing the graphics files. I may want to make use of them! Great job overall on your sim.
    Thanks for your nice words. Actually i'm using only Air Manager and I really like them, a great job done there . About the radio stack, i know how it is, it happens to me too Only if i get inspired i just take the tools and start working on it. After all it is a hobby and it costs a lot if we don't do some diy. I will continue with the project as soon as I have time, and next is the GPS unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiaguia View Post
    Great work, compliment. Also I'm building a home cockpit of the C172. My cockpit will have a lower switch panel with starter magnetos switch, all switches for battery, alternator lights etc., the throttle and mixture (here some pictures of my work https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h90vffkas...G3ClNRbfa?dl=0 ). I would realize also the flap mechanism but I don't know how I ca build it.
    I would like to do one like this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiqT_6Jcik ), for you how I can do it?
    Thanks and ciao
    I took a look at your pictures, you are doing a great job there, and it looks really clean. I'll be building the flaps handle with a servo (for the needle) but i don't have the handle yet so once i find one that looks similar to cessna flaps I will build it and post the pictures on the website. Again your project looks great