Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

AIRBUS PFD ND ECAS's please help !!!!

Hello guys

in these days i nearly complete my main panel instrument panel and i have a big problem.
    In fsx i use the Aerosoft Airbus extended and in this aircraft i cannot click in PFD,ND , ECAS's to open & drag them into their squares in the main instrument panel plate.

Please anyone help me because i am in a shock right now.

I thank the god because i found here the AIRBUS STBY INSTRUMENT BY JeeHell, but the PFD ND upper & lower ECAS's not.

so

please help me please.

75+ Posting Member

Re: AIRBUS PFD ND ECAS's please help !!!!

Please help

75+ Posting Member

Please help me

Try opening the panel.cfg and searching for gauges names, you could possibly create own panels containing just the display gauges (I am not familiar with your addon but this is a common technique). Check FSX SDK for panel.cfg definitions.

Or you could probably love those: vasFMC | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net (stand-alone PDF, ND, EICAS, MCDU with updatable AIRAC).

Pavel

Pavel

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brodhaq View Post
    Try opening the panel.cfg and searching for gauges names, you could possibly create own panels containing just the display gauges (I am not familiar with your addon but this is a common technique). Check FSX SDK for panel.cfg definitions.

Or you could probably love those: vasFMC | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net (stand-alone PDF, ND, EICAS, MCDU with updatable AIRAC).

Pavel

Pavel

ok.
    lets say we found the panel CFG & found the names of the each panel, after that what i need to do ?
    Please help cuz i see the fix of my problem with you.
    Please help me.

Try creating new panel windows inside the panel.cfg and inserting one gauge per window (like for example default FS planes which have separate window just for GPS gauge). Do you know what I mean?

Pavel

75+ Posting Member

Try creating new panel windows inside the panel.cfg and inserting one gauge per window (like for example default FS planes which have separate window just for GPS gauge). Do you know what I mean?

Pavel

Tell me how ? Please i know how i do but what i need to create what the names of panel to do that ?
    tell me how i can do it please ?

Hey, no stress
    Take a look at one of default airplanes, open their panel.cfg file and just look around, get inspired. You will see they have definitions for various windows (main panel, pedestal, overhead,...) and each panel contains some gauges. Do the same for your panel.cfg (dont forget to backup the original one).

In your panel.cfg you could probably add something like this (off course remove my notes in the brackets):

[Window04] (the number will be next available after your default windows- for example if the Aerosoft Airbus has 4 windows, you will put 5 here)
    size_mm=300 (depends on your monitor size, resolution,... just try something)
    visible=1 (defines visibility after FSX startup, if you have zero you can display the window by shift + some number on your keyboard)
    no_luminous=1
    ident=MY PFD PANEL FOR AWESOME HOMECOCKPIT (whatever)
    windowsize_ratio=1.000 (try and see, usually leave it)
    position=7 (doenst matter for first attempts)
    zorder=2
    view_window_rect=0,0,8192,4900 (finetune after everthing works)

gauge00=Airbusx!PFD (you will need to find this gauge name in your panel.cfg, I believe that Aerosoft has it somewhere there), 346,167, 79, 79 (position xy and dimension xy, just experiment with those until you are happy)
    If you are not able to script it by writing in notepad, you can get the FS Panel Studio which is payware utility for quick panel.cfg modifications in What You See Is What You Get environment - but I think it is not necessary for just this small thing AND usually doesnt work with payware addons well (you can do new windows, place gauges there, but you will need to edit the gauges names in the notepad)

Pavel

P. S. If you are unfamiliar with those easy edits you could really consider using the vasFMC suite posted above, they are simple windows drag-drop by your mouse, pretty easy to work with, no scripting required.

75+ Posting Member

Hey, no stress
    Take a look at one of default airplanes, open their panel.cfg file and just look around, get inspired. You will see they have definitions for various windows (main panel, pedestal, overhead,...) and each panel contains some gauges. Do the same for your panel.cfg (dont forget to backup the original one).

In your panel.cfg you could probably add something like this (off course remove my notes in the brackets):

If you are not able to script it by writing in notepad, you can get the FS Panel Studio which is payware utility for quick panel.cfg modifications in What You See Is What You Get environment - but I think it is not necessary for just this small thing AND usually doesnt work with payware addons well (you can do new windows, place gauges there, but you will need to edit the gauges names in the notepad)

Pavel

P. S. If you are unfamiliar with those easy edits you could really consider using the vasFMC suite posted above, they are simple windows drag-drop by your mouse, pretty easy to work with, no scripting required.

I cannot do this job alone,
    also i remember aerosofts says there is no 2D panels in there aircrafts.
    i am in shock now.
    my project seem to go to **** !!!!!!

75+ Posting Member

Hey, no stress

Pavel

I remember aerosoft says there is no 2D panels in thier aircraft.
    and to be honest i cannot do this job alone.
    from the last i am in shock right now. My project going to the **** & i cannot do anything.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast