content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 29

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi,

@Stefan
    1. ongoing issue
    2. this is normal (and wasn't correct in earlier versions)
    3. You should not use this key to set the QNH. The QNH setting is set internally, and is different from the FS QNH. The altitude is then calculated internally as well. If you want to set the QNH setting to the actual QNH, you should get it by other means (like probably in FS/Weather oprions)
    4. ongoing issue
    5,6,7. please check the FPS limit of FS is set at 30fps.

Cheers,
    JL
    Hi JL,

thanks for your answers. As for #5,6,7: FPS is (and was always) limited to 30fps.

Thanks
    Stefan

Contribute If you enjoy reading the

Hi,

short feedback: after a first try with FPS set at 30 it seems to be a bit better now. but autothrust still needs some tweaking. I.E. you are 200kts and you turn the knob to 180kts. The ATHR goes to idle, the speeds drop below 180kts and the ATHR kicks back in pretty late and subsequently with a high thrust setting.

I also noticed one occilation on roll axis when in AP but cant really recreate it. At the point the FPS also dropped down to around 20. Might be related according to what you said. Anyways, for new FBW I need more time for testing. It seems to be completly reworked.

Spoilers: Now, I can deactivate it but I need to set the switch to (ON) again for deactivation. I did try to reconfigure after latest online update.

what really confuses me is that I managed to have 2 crashes of the software in about 45 min. testing. At different stages the ACFT suddenly pitches down very hard, no input possible via joystick. I think the Skarlarki hardware FCU was dead as well and did not change any digits when turning the knobs. Maybe somebody else can confirm that bug... hard sudden pitch down, no inputs possible

stall tape: I know what you mean, the speed is given by the manoeuvre envelope and is Nz dependent. But I assume Vls should also move in the PFD speed tape and should always be greater. I think I managed to have a higher stall speed than Vls on the tape. Or am I wrong? Some smoothing would be nice, though

sometimes the new GPWS korry (upper box with GPWS label) flashes for just a milli second without any aural callout. Maybe you can delay that flash for another half sec. so it only comes alive with a GPWS callout. Again... awesome sounds!!!

I really like the new ECAMs for SPD BRK, OVERSPEED etc... sweet!!!
    AND did you touch the ND wrt to lateral path construction? if so, I like it.

Cheers,
    Robert

EDIT: I forgot to say that I also saw this yaw occilation, which another user noticed earlier....
    And maybe other can say something about the pitch behaviour during rotation during takeoff. I have the feeling that the transition between GRD and FBW pitch mode is pretty hard. The ACFT tends to pitch up quite rapidly. But thats just my impression after 2-3 takeoffs.

Regards,
    Robert

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    ...And maybe other can say something about the pitch behaviour during rotation during takeoff. I have the feeling that the transition between GRD and FBW pitch mode is pretty hard. The ACFT tends to pitch up quite rapidly. But thats just my impression after 2-3 takeoffs.
    Robert
    For me this happens every time exactly as Rob describes it...

75+ Posting Member

Hello all,
    I'm back with a new quick system. I have installed version B29, and can confirm the problems by Robert. The pitch after start and by landing is too strong. It was in B28 better. I have some other problems. When i start the Software Engin 2 shows Rev, but the Throttel is in Idle Position.I use one axis for both Levers. In short intervals master cautchen lights. The warning message appears too short to read them. My last problem is, when I takeoff in managed mode and change the height from 5000 ft to 10000 ft, the aircraft climb too much and goes into a floor. When I fly by hand, it works.

Regards,
    Micha

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    EDIT: I forgot to say that I also saw this yaw occilation, which another user noticed earlier....
    And maybe other can say something about the pitch behaviour during rotation during takeoff. I have the feeling that the transition between GRD and FBW pitch mode is pretty hard. The ACFT tends to pitch up quite rapidly. But thats just my impression after 2-3 takeoffs.

Regards,
    Robert
    Hi ,

Any solution for the yaw problem.

Thanks

Mike

Hi JL;

Still having problems with the rudder and ailerons please have a quick look at the video. I am using fscockpit and fsx

IMG_1553 - YouTube

Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by startrail View Post
    Hi JL;

Still having problems with the rudder and ailerons please have a quick look at the video. I am using fscockpit and fsx

IMG_1553 - YouTube

Thanks

Mike
    @ JL --> little hint for yaw occilation: I can recreate the following: go to 10000ft @ 200kts. flap conf 1. AP off, ATHR on (selected). Give full rudder input and let the ACFT build up max beta to left or right. release the rudder quickly and you see these significant overshoots of rudder when the contoller trys to reduce the beta.

wow... alot of feedback for you the last few days

Rob

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hello all,

I will look at all your problems, but this will take some time to find what really is going on.
    So please be patient... you can still use the old B28...

One thing also that makes me wonder: did you update through the updater or with the complete package?
    It could be a good idea to use the complete package.

Best regards,
    JL

installed the complete package over existing b28. only used updater for latest update for spoiler and speed bug issue.

11. Dislikes startrail disliked this post