Header MyCockpit
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Windows 7 FSUIPC

I have the following problem (only with Windows 7 64-bits CR);
    When opening the FSUIPC interface within FSX/FS2004 there is only a part visable of the interface.

Most right and lower part is not visable and also I am not be able to select by mouse click.

So I am not able to calibrate and assign by example the aileron and button functions.

To complete the information, I have running Windows 7 in "strech" mode with a resolution of 3840x1024x32 (Matrox Triplehead 2 Go Digital), Perhaps this is the reason why I can't see the FSUIPC complete interface within FSX/FS2004!

I already switched back to normal 1280x1024x32 display mode without any luck.

Is there anyone else who has te same problem ? ... or Pete, did you have already a solution for this ?

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by Gert van der Winden View Post
    I have the following problem (only with Windows 7 64-bits CR);
    When opening the FSUIPC interface within FSX/FS2004 there is only a part visable of the interface.
    I am using Windows 7 64bit without problems. Are you using the default video drivers Win7 installs? If so I'd recommend you first go get the latest video drivers for your card. If it's nVidia based the latest nVidia Win7 64-bit video drivers are really good.

One other person I know of had this problem and it was merely a matter of changing the Windows font size. I think Win7 has it defaulted rather large, depending on drivers.

However, here I can set the font larger or smaller, with no adverse effect on FSUIPC's menus. This is why i think it is a video driver mismatch. All of FSUIPC's dialogues are standard Windows ones using the normal Windows calls -- but it seems sometimes a version of "comctl32.dll" gets installed which doesn't match the drivers -- comctl32.dll draws the tabbed parts of the dialogue, other non-replaceable parts of windows do the actual contents.

This is actually true of WinXP and Vista too, but over the years I can count on my fingers the number of folks reporting the same problem. most odd.

Is there anyone else who has te same problem ? ... or Pete, did you have already a solution for this ?
    For quicker responses on FSUIPC, in future please come to my Support Forum. I don't always scan all the messages here and I come here much less frequently than the proper advertised Support Forum.

Regards
    Pete

10+ Posting Member

First of all, thanks Pete for your reply !

I am using already the latest nVidia Win7 64-bit drivers, so I think it has to do something with the "comctl32.dll" as you suquested.

What I am going to do is a re-install of the Nvidia drivers and see what happens then.

When done I let you know by reporting on your own Support Forum as requested.

Regards,
    Gert

Quote Originally Posted by Gert van der Winden View Post
    I am using already the latest nVidia Win7 64-bit drivers, so I think it has to do something with the "comctl32.dll" as you suquested.

What I am going to do is a re-install of the Nvidia drivers and see what happens then.
    Okay -- but I also think you will be able to workaround it by changing the Windows font size. I think it defaults to 110% or something, try 100% or 90%.

When done I let you know by reporting on your own Support Forum as requested.
    Okay. thanks.

Pete

Boeing 777 Builder

Hi Gert,

I was the one that reported this to Pete originally. I'm using Win7 64 on a machine with 5 screens and a TH2GO. It seems that due to the TH2GO it gives Windows the impression of an excessively large monitor and so the system loads up a default font magnification of 120%. All is OK at this size albeit with large lettering and icons but you can see all of the FSUIPC tabs. If you set the font size back to 100% the icons look more normal but you lose the FSUIPC tabs at the right hand side. If you have lost the use of some of the FSUIPC screen then do as Pete suggests and up the font magnification in Display Settings.

I have just downloaded the Release Candidate Win7 and I thought of reloading it with only one monitor plugged in then attaching the remaining screens after successful install. This may negate the larger font size default.

Hope this helps,

Ken,
    Opencockpits | AerosimSolutions | Sim-Avionics | FSX | FDS | FTX | REX2 | ASE | PPL | FlightCity | Kennair

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    ... the system loads up a default font magnification of 120%. All is OK at this size albeit with large lettering and icons but you can see all of the FSUIPC tabs. If you set the font size back to 100% the icons look more normal but you lose the FSUIPC tabs at the right hand side.
    Oh, that's the other way around to what has happened in the past, on WinXP -- it is the larger fonts which lose the contents of the tabs, but the Tabs on their borders are all okay.

Weird. It still seems like a mis-match somehow between two parts of Windows (COMCTL32.DLL and presumably GDI.DLL or somesuch). I don't understand why it occurs either way, and only on a very small minority of systems. With the XP occurrences I used to get folks to send me their COMCTL32.DLL to see if I could repro it, but even then never could.

In the resource definitions of these dialogues and tabs, intermediate sizing units are used, standard Windows programming stuff -- nothing is sized in pixels or points or millimetres, just these independent units. And the tabs and contents are all defined in the same way.

I have just downloaded the Release Candidate Win7 and I thought of reloading it with only one monitor plugged in then attaching the remaining screens after successful install. This may negate the larger font size default.
    Let us know, please.

Regards

Pete

Boeing 777 Builder

Pete,

Yes it's odd that the smaller i.e. 100% font size should cause missing windows as you'd think the larger sizing would instead, however not the case in my instance. Also I am running Win7 on a separate drive in a dual boot config. and my first install collapsed after a month when my new hard drive completely failed so I got a replacement and had to reload from scratch. This gave me a chance to see if it was a one-off but no-go. The exact same issue of font sizing occurred with the new install which makes me think it's a combination of hardware or software mistmatch.

I'll let you know how my RC install goes.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | AerosimSolutions | Sim-Avionics | FSX | FDS | FTX | REX2 | ASE | PPL | FlightCity | Kennair