• Matt Olieman

Published on 04-01-2006 03:59 PM

MyCockpit Featured Builder
    Kevin Saker Boeing 767

IFSBI: Would you care to first give us a brief introduction about Kevin Saker?

Kevin: I first became interested in flight simulators way back when the very first computers started to appear.

I decided at that time to build an F4 cockpit using a simple home made interface which used 50 small solenoids to press keys on the Commodore 64 I was using at that time. it was crude, but it worked very well in that you had to power up the sim before the solenoids would work.

In those days I would spend many hours working on the cockpit indoors, often when the sun was shining outside, and my wife would say how strange she thought this hobby was, in that I was probably the only person that would want to build ...
    Published on 02-01-2006 03:59 PM

MyCockpit Featured Builder
    Gwyn Perrett Boeing 737

IFSBI: Would you care to first give us a brief introduction about Gwyn Perrett?

Gwyn: My interest in aircraft started about the age of 5, 40 years ago when my uncle introduced me to his control line models. I started building plastc kit planes, moving on though my teens to various control line and radio controlled models. I started simming using FS4 and was hooked immediately, upgrading with each new release. In 1999 I was inspired to commence flight training at YPJT, which happens to be Australia's busiest ...