PDA

View Full Version : New member

mrdon
08-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi All
Just signed in today and wanted to say hi. My name is Don and I work in newspaper production. Have most of CH Products and now trying to build a cockpit. Got a seat out of My son-in laws 18 wheeler and reworking it. Have a long way to go and looks like I can get a lot of good ideas here. Oh I have to admit that I'm getting a little slow going to turn 73 in a few months, Still young yet. Everyone have a great time and a great day tomorrow.:D

Michael Carter
08-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi Mrdon! Welcome to the site.

There's a lot of good people here and a heck of a lot of information and ideas for nearly any aspect of a sim build. Even for vintage aircraft (hee hee).

73 ain't old. It's just being 27 years old with 50 years of experience.;)

Bob Reed
08-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Welcome Don! Well I must say I know for a fact you are not the oldest guy here! Hmm Air Ride seat.. Not a bad idea! And yes you can get lots of ideas from this site! Looks forward to seeing a few pics of what you are doing. Glad you are with us and have fun!

mrdon
08-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks for reply. Just a little more info. I have to admit that I'm not a jet man. I am vintage to the core. I worked on and flew on all prop jobs while I was in the Air Force for better than 9 years. C-47's, A-26/B-26 and KB-50. So all my flying is on prop jobs. Like to see the smoke come from the exhaust and smell the fumes you know. Again thanks again for the warm welcome:lol: