PDA

View Full Version : Autobrake

Thomas Richter
08-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Hi all

I would like to know what kind of hardware you use to select de different positons for the Autobrake.

a) Boeing 747
The B747 has normaly 8 positions but FS supports only max 6 positions.
When you now use the correct hardware you lost the position DISARM (very important pos because of NO DISARM light) and AB-4 or MAX.
The question is wether you already have a 8 pos switch but you can not use it or do you easy use a 6 position "phoney" !

b) Airbus 3xx
The Airbus uses 4 position controlled by 3 momentary buttons (MAX, LOW, MED).
Do you use momentary buttons or ... ?

I don't need to know the way you control the Autobrake itself, only to know what is in front.
Do you use the correct hardware ?

brissydave
08-08-2007, 03:35 AM
probably not what you are after...so i apologise in advance.

i used fsuipc and a joystick axis for the autobrake. the autobrake armed annunciator on the main panel hardware lights up perfectly in line with it. although i never told it to....only via the fsuipc axis calibration....(clever those pm dudes sometimes).

the fsuipc offset for the autobrake axis has an disarm/arm range and works perfectly. the percentage of braking is shown and the numbers tumble over on the eicas as i apply more/less brake. as i previously said...the annunciaotrs work as they should too.

tommo....did you use a pot for your flaps axis?

pete dowson....legend.

Thomas Richter
08-08-2007, 04:48 AM
Hi brissydave

wrong movie :-)

I mean the Autobrake, not the Speedbrake !

michelmvd
08-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi Thomas,
I'm using an 8 positions rotary switch, which is connected to a 0/16/16 Phidgets interface card.
All positions are wired to the interface card, but until now of course DISARM and MAX AUTO can'tbe used. (1 common)

I use the FS2Phidgets program to assign the basic FS offsets commands regarding autobrake.

May I ask , the reason of your question ? If it would be come integrated in PMSystem747 it would be great, but will have to do some hardware changes then, as that interface card is presently not connected to system pc.

B. Rgds
Michel

brissydave
08-10-2007, 03:10 AM
wrong movie....ha ha ...ooops.

gotta give up dem dam drugs.

Michael Carter
08-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Feet up, and feet down in the 727.:mrgreen: ala Fred Flintstone.

Thomas Richter
08-10-2007, 01:51 PM
So the more Crew the better Brake effectiveness :-)

gregh
09-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi Michel,
I also have a 0/16/16/card I am using for auto brake. Can you ley me know the deatials of how to program fs2phidgets to operate the autobrake. I am using PMDG 747 as the sim software and fswide as well. What is the offset for autobrake in FS?
Hope you can help.
Regards
Greg