PDA

View Full Version : New 737 Builder

marius
07-30-2007, 07:44 AM
OK, this forum is getting to big to ignore any longer.

Hi, my name is Marius. I am 32 years old from Melbourne Australia. I am currently in the planning/early building stages of a 737 simulator. The way its going I hope to be flying before retirement :D

I have been playing around with flight simulation software since as early as 1989 (Fighter Bomber for Commodore 64) and have been interested in flying since I can remember. I am also very interested in Motorsport simulation (Live for Speed) and War Simulation (World War II Online).

Apart from Computers I have so many hobbies its embarassing to mention them all. So I won't. This leaves less time for flightsiming unfortunately but I have ants in my pants and want to do everything all the time, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I'll chat to many of you in Mycockpit forums which I plan to use more from now on.

Michael Carter
07-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi Marius. Welcome to the forum.

I too have a lot of hobbies, most of which have taken a back seat to my beloved 727.

I still manage to play guitar and piano occasionally to keep my chops up, but the others have sort of fallen by the wayside. I have a ton of recording gear sitting here and haven't laid a track in three years.

Last year I sold my 6" refractor as it wasn't getting any sky time, plus the trees have grown larger over the years cutting out a good portion of the sky.

At least I have a hobby now that won't be going away any time soon.

ekezz
07-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi Marius,
Welcome to the club of never ending dreams partly coming true :)

Westozy
07-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Welcome aboard Marius.

QF6228
07-31-2007, 03:16 AM
Good of you to join us mozz!

Westozy
07-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Is this Marius the FMC whizz?

marius
07-31-2007, 07:45 PM
I did design the CDU PCB that connects to USBKeys card from Opencockpits but I am not a whizz. It just happened that, for once, something I did actually works ;)

Bob Reed
07-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Ahhhhhh so you still have these available?

marius
07-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes, I have plenty.

Westozy
08-01-2007, 04:38 AM
G'day Marius,
I've been thinking about getting an Engravity FMC but I'm wondering if your CDU will work with PMDG? I haven't really researched possibilities yet. Do you have your info link? It's been a while since I last saw it. I could make a front panel no prob so it might be a better option if it will work.

Gwyn

marius
08-01-2007, 05:07 AM
My link is here - http://www.stormloader.com/users/marius/

I have also put it into my profile.