PDA

View Full Version : virtual cockpit

Lambis777
07-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello

In the fsx if you try to look around the cockpit you will get the view of the virtual cockpit even and if you are in cockpit view.
Only in the front view you can get a clear view of the scenery if you close the main instrument panel.

Exist any way to remove the virtual cockpit when we are in the cockpit view?
Or how to remove the entire virtual cockpit from the model of the airplane?

Also i want to ask in the fsx if you want to get a continiue image of 135 degree (front-left / front / front-right) you must place the zoom factor close to 0,71 instead in fs9 that is 1.00.
Why this change ? what happen?

Best Regards
Lambis
Greece

Lambis777
08-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi again
No-one use fsx?

Soon or later the simmers that use multiple monitors or 3 projector they will find this proplem when they pass in the fsx.

I hope someone find solution to remove the virtual cockpits from the models of the airplanes. (from the *.mld files)

Regards
Lambis

Tomlin
08-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi Lambis

I use FSX sometimes, but not for my project. I agree, it is a problem unless we can find a way to remove them from our side views. However, I have read that it's not possible. Let us hope that is wrong info.

JBaymore
08-09-2007, 10:53 AM
For the pit builder.... it appears that FS2004 is the wave of the future. :(

AndyT
08-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Try this;

1) Run FSX and make sure that you are flying in "Cockpit View" mode (if not, set it to Cockpit View and save the current flight activating the "default" flight option). DO NOT leave yourt flight set into Virtual Cockpit View mode, otherwise you may get crash to desktop continuing this procedure!
2) Identify what aircraft is flying on your client (typically a Cessna or a Beech baron)
3) Close FSX
4) From MyComputer, open the folder where the aircraft flying on the client is stored. The typical path is the following:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIRCRAFT_NAME
5) Enter into "model" folder
6) Rename the file "model.cfg" to "old_model.cfg" (note: don't worry if you don't see ".cfg", it happens because your OS is not showing files' extensions)
7) Run FSX and test it. Doing the above procedure, FSX will not find the Virtual Cockpit files anymore, so the annoying cockpit parts will be kicked away forever.

Tomlin
08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
If it's that simple, that is truly awesome. Wonder why I read somewhere else by a fairly respected member of the FS community (at Avsim I believe) didnt know about this?

Regardless, we all live and learn! I will have to remember this tweak one day Im sure!

James Twomey
08-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh yes, I will need to remember this one too!

Lambis777
08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Andy

I make that you say.
The virtual cockpit is disappear (this ia good) but dissapear together and the entire airplane (you can`t see the airplane any more in the spot view.)
And the landing lights are not working any more.

Exist any other way to remove only the virtual cockpit?

Lambis

JBaymore
08-10-2007, 12:40 PM
From what I have read also.... it supposedly is not possible to JUST remove the virtual cockpit. It is part of the model file.

best,

.................john

AndyT
08-10-2007, 01:07 PM
I did not write the one above so I tested it and here is what I did.

1. In the model.cfg file are three lines;
[models]
normal=B737_800
interior=B737_800_interior

2. Before changing ANYTHING SAVE this as Old model.cfg

3. Then remove the line;
interior=B737_800_interior

4. Then SAVE AS model.cfg

Your done.

Fire up the sim, go to the 737 and fly. You still have the outside model, only the inside VC is mising.

AndyT
08-11-2007, 04:28 AM
Anyone using this yet? How is it working for you?
It should work with any default aircraft in FSX.
If you want to use this tip with a different plane, then use the default model and substitute the aircraft.cfg files.

Lambis777
08-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Andy a million thank you.
Yes now is work with all the default airplanes of the fsx.

>If you want to use this tip with a different plane, then use the default model and substitute the aircraft.cfg files

What do you mean Andy?

The wilco 777 have the follow lines:

[models]
normal=Boeing772ER

And only one file "Boeing772ER.mdl"

Outside model and virtual cockpit are in one file.

Can i do something for this model.
As i can see and other models freeware or payware use only one model file.

Regards
Lambis