PDA

View Full Version : Touch Screen Issues

B738
07-22-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi Guys,

Just managed to get my 19" LCD Touchscreen and it works extremely well with PM Instructor.

My only issue is some of the boxes appear (e.g. exit screen). When the 3 options appear I can't select any of them unless I use the mouse. Another problem is selecting runways when the boxes appear. Entering letters and numbers from the onscreen keyboard works fine.

I have tried some of the options with the touch software but it seems to be a PM issue.

Hope you can help.

Kind Regards,
Brad Heller
www.b738sim.com

JonathanRichardson
11-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi

There will be new build out soon that will certainly help with the touchscreen issues - various changes to the instructor station were made a couple of weeks ago:

More weather pre-set from txt files
FS situation loading of pre-saved flights
Navigation with Touchscreen in mind added more - (like returning function) still will require a bit more work to have full touchscreen ease of use, but for touch screen ops it should be a big step forward.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson

B738
11-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi Johnathan,

Good to hear from you guys. Thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth. LOL :)

I'll look forward to your next releases as I've finally got my sim operational.

rt72
06-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Hi all,

Just a bit of feedback on the most recent build.

I'm using the most current build (84) on a HP Tablet PC (TC1100). It's still a little touchy when it comes to selecting items in the pop-up boxes. The calibration seems to still be off a bit too. Initially, I thought it was a PC calibration problem, but it only happens with the Instructor Station software.

chrisdanker
06-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Jonathan,

Since we are on the subject of PM Instructor and Touchscreen functions, I was wondering what the minium requirements are for PM Instructor and PM Systems. Can both be run off a Pen 4 2.8Ghz Laptop? I'm currently using the laptop with the specs I mentioned and had OK results when ruinning PM Inst by itself but when I loaded PM Sys, it slowed down and seems to hang. Would it be adviseable to separate the two programs on 2 different machines?

Thanks
Chris

mauriceb
06-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Jonathan,

Since we are on the subject of PM Instructor and Touchscreen functions, I was wondering what the minium requirements are for PM Instructor and PM Systems. Can both be run off a Pen 4 2.8Ghz Laptop? I'm currently using the laptop with the specs I mentioned and had OK results when ruinning PM Inst by itself but when I loaded PM Sys, it slowed down and seems to hang. Would it be adviseable to separate the two programs on 2 different machines?

Thanks
Chris

While my sim was up, I did have PM Instructor & PM Systems running on the same desktop with no problems. Can't recall exactly how fast the desktop is, but certainly not any faster than your laptop. So I don't know if it is 'advisable' but it worked for me :)

Maurice

B738
06-04-2009, 04:00 AM
I run PM Instructor and PM Systems on a P4 2.4G with 256MB Ram and they work fine but I'm only running PMSystems in the background with hardware operating it.

Brad.