PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal for me and worth it?

Tomlin
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Okay, maybe I have came across a really good deal. Here's the details:

Learjet 45-

Pilot Manual, Flight Manual and Quick Reference Handbook.
with also a Universal Avionics Operations Training Manual (which includes a CD) for the FMS installed in most 45's.

For the 3 Lear books, plus Universal Training Manual for nothing additional.

Total: $100 plus approx $25 S&H.

Im just wondering though what the difference is between a Flight Manual and Pilot Manual is...

Thanks for the input!

My only hesitation is that I wanted to put the next $100 towards purchasing switches/rotary encoder modules, but I guess at this price it is really too good to pass up?

Michael Carter
07-19-2007, 10:33 AM
It's always a good idea to have documentation for the aircraft you wish to build. I consider it a worthwhile investment in learning systems and procedures.

I say go for it. When I consider a purchase that I had funds set aside for and something else comes up before making that purchase, I consider whether the opportunity will arise again to make this purchase. If it a very rare or not usually seen item, I will buy it even if I don't need it at the time, but know I will need it down the road aways.

Tomlin
07-19-2007, 11:24 AM
He and I settled on $107 shipped for all the items. I will be glad to see them and get a better feel for some of the Lear 45 nooks and crannies of operation and systems. Guess this might mean I could actually create some systems with the info I should be privy to via PMSystem if I ever decided it was worth it.

Tomlin
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Well, the real Bombardier L45 manuals arrived today and so far I am very impressed! I have only spent any amt of time in the Checklists/Crew Handbook but Im guessing it only gets better with the Pilot's Manual and Flight Manual plue the Universal FMS book!

For $107.00 shipped, it was a great buy.