PDA

View Full Version : Losing Flap indications in PM from FS

Tomlin
07-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi guys

I have done some great set up of FS9/PMRJ in anticipation of my new SYS3 that hopefully has been sent from FDS late last week, and last night I noticed somthing had changed in my PMRJ EICAS section- It not longer shows the Flap settings as 8/15/20/40, but just says 'UP' and that's it, until I move them to the desired location, and they move, but it no longer shows it's position (but is in place). The only thing I modified was the line in the ini that says somthing about Airport for showing airports with rwys under certain lengths.

Any ideas? BTW, I never assigned an aircraft ini in PMRJ- it somehow assigned Lear45 to itself.

Thanks, as this is frustrating!

ET

Bob Reed
07-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Are you using the CDU?

Tomlin
07-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi Bob

No, I dont have one yet. One day though....

Hey, back to reality. Nope, no CDU or CDU software. Just the PMRJ CAP and FO running, and this was just last night, and I started up the system-poof- Flap readings gone. Cant think of anthing else I changed 'cept what was mentioned above and I went back and changed it to off. No joy.

Thanks for the help,

Bob Reed
07-15-2007, 11:18 PM
What happens if you remove the AC type in the ini file? In other words make it blank? Been a long time since I looked at the RJ stuff and these exact entries in the INI's...

Tomlin
07-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for your reply

Actually I dont believe that I ever assigned one to it. I didnt in fact, it just had Lear45 in one of the files I have been looking at for various info. I just wish that their documentation was not so generic, but very specific to each software package. Also I dont see a L45 aircraft config file on the PM site-I guess no one ever bothered to make one.

Case in point: The manual says that

"Additionally on the standby instruments page (F10) you can position single
items by either individually selecting them with a RIGHT CLICK of the mouse or you can select each
instrument by pressing the TAB key making each instrument “active” for positioning/sizing."

...and that doesnt seem to be the case with the RJ software, or Im doing it wrong.

AND THIS...

"As an example, switch off the demo mode function of the
software. Click
with the mouse
on OTHER
SETTINGS. A
new page will
appear with a
number of other software options."

This is NOT showing available in the PMRJ software that I can find. If anyone else can show me where Im doing it wrong, please do my friends, it would be helpful to me.

Bob Reed
07-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Like I said, I have not looked at the RJ software in a long time.. I will have to load it up. I just simply do not remember what is what in it... Maybe tonight!

Tomlin
07-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for taking a look if you get a chance later.

PaulEMB
07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Eric,

I am travelling right now, so dont have access to the sim - I remember a line in the RJ. ini file wich says type=.

With the CDU, you say type=DCU, otherwise with only PMRJ you need to make a text file - say Lear45.txt, and leave it in the PMRJ folder.

Then set type=Lear45

This file contains the settings for your aircraft. I attach my ERJ 145LR file- you can modify it to suit the Lear.

PMRJ looks here for settings, including flap positions.

I hope this helps.

Bob Reed
07-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Paul, would you mind if we put this in the "download" section for PM so all have access to it? Will attach your name to it of course...

PaulEMB
07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Bob,

No problem to post in downloads, but please note it is not 100% accurate for the ERJ - I still had some things to change in it, but....its on my job list!.

I will correct it and post the revised version later.

I use full PM, but with Boeing MCP CDU, and the Feelthere EMB 145 flight model - PMRJ works pretty well, and whilst it is still not 100% complete, it shows all the required information you need to fly, and there are more EICAS messages in the later builds (park brake, etc)

Tomlin
07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Eric,

I am travelling right now, so dont have access to the sim - I remember a line in the RJ. ini file wich says type=.

With the CDU, you say type=DCU, otherwise with only PMRJ you need to make a text file - say Lear45.txt, and leave it in the PMRJ folder.

Then set type=Lear45

This file contains the settings for your aircraft. I attach my ERJ 145LR file- you can modify it to suit the Lear.

PMRJ looks here for settings, including flap positions.

I hope this helps.

Hi, and thanks Paul. I DO have this file in there, but I never put it in there. When I d/l the PMRJ software, it was in there. I will state again: It DID show the flap settings on the flap box, but then all of a sudden they were missing. I will go and look in the specific section for the info, and then look for it and replace if missing.

Thanks and I appreciate any add. info!

Tomlin
07-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Okay, I believe I have figured out the issue, but not how it happened.

THANKS to prompting me to check that ini file because now everything works. I have no idea how this occured, but evidently the default aircraft for the PMRJ software is the L45, but it could be the B737-not sure. Regardless, when I first started using the software, the 'flaps' window would show the changes from UP-8-20-40 but no 'tranisition' colour. Then, as posted previously, it just disapeared for no apparent reason.

I went in last night and looked at what I figured was the 'suspect' ini file which had all the data in it, and low and behold, it worked when I renamed it and made the change in CDU=***. What was messing me up with it all was that the ini file was named 'pmrjac'. So, I just renamed it L45, made the CDU change, and thank goodness, it worked marvelously. In fact, NOW it shows not only the position, but the transition colours when the flaps move from one position to the other.

Thanks again for helping out a PM newbie!