PDA

View Full Version : Setting up engine (N1) Trend for PMRJ L45

Tomlin
07-10-2007, 12:56 AM
How in the world do I get the trend indicators to move with the throttle movements in PMRJ? Using the default L45 in FS9 and eventually FSX.

Bob Reed
07-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Hey Eric. That may not be programed to work in the RJ software. Did you sell the stuff you had for sale?

Tomlin
07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
It is not finalized till the payment reaches me, but for the most part, it's sold- the whole package. YAAY! This allowed me to make my order for the SYS3 card yesterday.

Tomlin
07-11-2007, 10:13 PM
It is all sold now, and thankfully, 'cause it allowed me to buy my first interface card which is now to be shipped from FDS. Yay! Things are moving along nicely.

Trevor Hale
07-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Not sure about the RJ software, but in the Boeing software there is an option to turn on in the ini file that makes a green trend indicator appear on the Eicas when the throttle is moved.

michelmvd
07-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Hi Trevor,
Can you let us know, which entry and in which ini-file (GC or MCP) ?
Thks
Michel

Trevor Hale
07-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Think it was in the GC.ini Sorry If I am not mistaken it is called something like
showthrottlemovement=

or Throttle trend

Then there is a comment line that says ... Something like // green line shows throttle position.

This makes a little green arc inside the EICAS N1 Engine circles. Donno if it will work on the square Eicas 744 instruments.

Tomlin
07-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Boy I really hope so because I hate having to wait and see where I set thrust when getting ready to release brakes for takeoff. I will look into this. Bare with me- PM software is very new to me! Ive been 'watching' it for years, but never used it till this week.

Bob Reed
07-12-2007, 09:43 AM
I will have to load it up and take a look at it again to see... Ya know...Now that I think about it...This is reaching back a ways.. I asked Enrico about this( I once was building the RJ) and he said the software did not do this in the real AC but if I wanted it he would add it.. I am pretty sure I asked him to... Definitely will have a look.

Trevor Hale
07-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I have it turned on, on my GC and works perfectly, as you know Bob I am not at my pc to look what file it is in. Sorry guys

Bob Reed
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Well Eric is using the RJ software and I went back to my emails... are you ready for this 2005 I found it. It was not the throttle trend I wanted but the turning trend and Enrico did add that for me. I am going to grab the RJ software and install it on a machine here and take a look.

Bob Reed
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok installed the software but I do not see the setting the only other thing I can think of is to try to add the setting. I will have to give that a shot. I have also contacted support. More to come.

Tomlin
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks a Million!

Bob Reed
07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok .. This is the direct anwser from PM.... This is not in the RJ software at this time.

Tomlin
07-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Sad to hear it, glad to know it though cause now I wont search any longer for it. I wonder how somthing like this is ommitted? To me it's aggravating.

I know, Im just getting started....:-)

Bob Reed
07-12-2007, 04:53 PM
The software is not finished to start with and the second thing is the real software of this type, I don't think this is really Lear jet modeled, does not do this. I think this is a generic RJ software. And yes you are just getting started don' let this little thing throw you!