PDA

View Full Version : Motion Platform using Car Hydraulic Steering System

Prof Bill
06-26-2007, 04:13 AM
I wonder if anybody can help me in locating any information on a motion platform that was designed using a Car Hydraulic Steering System!

I am trying to gather as much information as possible to to try and demonsrtate to young potential engineers and science students that some extraordinary and innovative ideas can be and are being implemented using off the shelf components or articacts recovered from discarded technology.

This is an effort to get youngsters to "think outside the box"!

I would very much appreciate any help in finding this information.

I should like to thank TronicGR for the extraordinary efforts and help he has given me to date in this and other matters.

Regards,

Bill.

wannabeaflyer
06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
You May want to check out Craig And Jims Sites they are an absolute goldmine of info and craig has already got data and experiance using Power steering mechanics and Pumps ...both of these guys have posted loads of info on this site ... i know there ideas work cos im building a platform based on their ideas and experiences... All Good Stuff

Prof Bill
06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi WANABEAFLYER,

Many thanks for the information regarding Craig and Jim's sites.

I will immediatly investigate further,

Bill.

ak49er
06-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Could someone provide a link or more info for "Craig" and "Jimss" sites? Thank-you.

wannabeaflyer
06-26-2007, 06:06 PM
hi there try Jimspage at http://www.jimspage.co.nz/ you'll find both craig and roland listed under FAQ section