PDA

View Full Version : Anders Eriksson Sweden

sas550
06-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Hi!

I'm a 45 year old(young?) Swede with an obsessive interest in in aviation.

My cockpit project started around christmas 2004. I bought a two seat console from a company called SimSeatSystems and alot of other stuff like CpFlight MCP/Efis FDS cdu etc.

In the summer of 2006 I moved to a new house where I suddenly got alot of space for the cockpit. I decided to build a new cockpit from scratch. My goal was to do it as close as possible to an NG.

Since I'm heavily addicted to online flying I decided that the sim should be flyable as soon as possible and therefor I soon discovered that the detail level I was aiming for became unrealistic in terms of flyability. And I also discovered that my carpenter skills where abit overestimated to say the least.

Well I have my rig up and flying. It has the feel of a 737 or at least a big airliner. But the great thing is that I'm able to fly online and I can increase the details as it suits.

This seems to be a great place to hang.

Westozy
06-24-2007, 04:27 AM
Welcome to MyCockpit Anders, do you have any pics to share yet?

Regards Gwyn

sas550
06-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Tnx
I have some pics on my home page. www.simcockpit.se (http://www.simcockpit.se)

ivar hestnes
06-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Hello and welcome here. This is a good place to learn and share:)

What you have built so far looks very good. And I really like the layout of your web-page:) Very nice and clean.

jmig
06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the club. You have done well.

ekezz
06-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Looks great to me!
Have you considered using two projectors?

sas550
06-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi!

I haven't really had the time to consider anything about the visuals. But I'll be glad for any tip.

I'm not sure what you have in mind when you say two projectors.

Actually I have one projector laying in a corner at my work that I can borrow for experimenting.

ekezz
06-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Most Video cards have outputs for two screens.
If you presently project at 800x600 res (or 1024 x 768 ) you could double the width and go to 1600 x 600 (or 2048 x 768 )

vidarf
07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Tjenare grabben! :) Stikk innom forumet til flightsim.no så finner du et par karer som holder på med det samme - på "nordisk". :)

If you can't understand that, then you don't understand Norwegian. Sorry! :)
(just gave him a warm welcome).

Michael Carter
07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard.

If we can lend a hand or an idea let us know.

Most of these guys here are building glass cockpits, but I'm rather old-school and if you need any help with antique avionics or equipment lemme know and I'll do my best.

Yankee737
07-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Great job and welcome from a fellow new member!

I love the way you've built your pit. Is that drywall? In my experimentation phase, when I was considering various ways to do things, I thought of drywall just because it's super easy to work with, plus it paints up nicely.

Looks fantastic!

sas550
07-07-2007, 06:25 AM
Hi! No it's not Drywall. It's a board called masonite (at least in Swedish). Very thin and easy to bend. Actually I'm not that satisfied with the carpentery but, as I wrote earlier, it's work in progress.

Tnx all for the welcome.

Ps Vidar och Ivar, kul med nabor som har samma intresse. :)