PDA

View Full Version : Wideview stuttering

visualchaosfx
06-21-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm trying the wideview program from www.wideview.it

Everythings working great but I can't seem to make the stuttering go away on the client PC. When I get into the air it goes away but when I'm on land it stutters kinda bad.

ak49er
06-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I've read about this glitch before. I believe it involves the pilot eye point, and the glitch is the result of both eye points being the same. I assume you are using the VC view? I think the fix was to SLIGHTLY alter the viewpoint in one of the aircraft cfg file. This is from a slightly skewed memory, maybe a search on some of the other forums would clarify. User assumes all repsonsiblitly. Don't forget to back up your cfg file.

visualchaosfx
06-22-2007, 09:20 AM
I've read about this glitch before. I believe it involves the pilot eye point, and the glitch is the result of both eye points being the same. I assume you are using the VC view? I think the fix was to SLIGHTLY alter the viewpoint in one of the aircraft cfg file. This is from a slightly skewed memory, maybe a search on some of the other forums would clarify. User assumes all repsonsiblitly. Don't forget to back up your cfg file.

Nope I'm using the cockpit view. But I did get it to work though. On the server PC I was using the PMDG 747/ On the client PC I was using the same jet and the stutters occured. So on the client PC I downgraded to the default 737 and its stutter free so to speak. The taxi lights stutter as I go down the runway but I just attribute that to the aircraft vibrating as its speeding down the runway:p

Thank you for your help though.

Bob Reed
06-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Been a while since I played with the setup of WideView but if I recall you do not have to use the same AC on the clients. In fact I think they recommend the 172. Here is one shot of the WideView setup I have put together http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=333 And no unfortuneitly this is not my setup. There are more pics of it in the gallery.

visualchaosfx
06-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I was going to do what Gwyn was doing. Just use 1 PC for all of the views but I find it better using an extra PC for instruments and have the main PC just for visuals. I've got some addons like Ultimate Terrain USA, Ultimate Night Lighting 2007, and I have World of AI installed. These addons kinda bog the system down if I try and run everything off of 1 computer so I decided to try out wideview and so far I'm liking the idea.