PDA

View Full Version : Vienna is calling ...

flightdeck
06-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Hi all, another one to introduce himself:

I enjoy flightsimming since the beginning, starting with subLOGIC on an IBM sektop with an amber monochrome monitor. Later I continued with FS1 constantly staring at Sears Tower's antennas and causing a lot of crashes by flying with key kommandos. I remember very well: the speed indicator was made of 8 pixels !!!!

In the following years I was one of the top clients in Redmont and many software download shops and installed all upcoming versions up to FSX now.

Guys, you all know the situation, sitting in front of your screen, permanently trying to make improvements in display, instruments, knobs, levers and so on. Same here! And finally I ended with a persistant voice in my head: Hey, wouldn't it be nice to build your own cockpit? Come on! Do it! Come on!

After some sessions with my psychiatrist I realized, it was not a very serious problem. So I finally decided to give way to the man in the head and started in March 2007 with my FLY737 project.

I will run my simulator partly on a private (flying online on VATSIM with some friends ... I have a lot of friends now :-) ) and partly on a commercial basis to get the investment back in a realistic period.

That's all for now, if you are interested, my preliminary homepage is already online:
FLY737 (http://www.fly737.com)

You can follow the building progress in my blog (unfortunately in German only, it was basically only intended to keep my local friends updated):
FLY737_BLOG (http://www.fly737.com/blog/)

Cheers from Vienna

Michael Carter
06-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Hallo! Willkommen zum Forum.

flightdeck
06-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I am not quite sure, I think I know the airport ... :twisted:

Bob Reed
06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Hello and welcome. Nice to have you here. I looked at your blog and I can not wait to see more pictures of your project. We are just a bunch of freaks just like you who love what we do, so jump in and lets go!