PDA

View Full Version : New videos of our sim

NicD
06-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Videos: http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/video.htm (see top link mainly)

New flight diary page: http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/flight_diary.htm

Construction updates: http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/construction_diary.htm

Enjoy!

Trevor Hale
06-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Fantastic Video's Nic.

You really should get that camera lady a cough drop :)

Very excellent indeed.

Trev

PaulEMB
06-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Great Job Nic,

Doesn't seem so long ago when you were messing with bits of Dexion to make the shell - it looks like a different beast today!:p

QF6228
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Best Looking sim in Australia ;)

Bob Reed
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey Nic.. Nice!! Can you tell me what you are using for a sound package and the setup?

NicD
06-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys.

Yeah Trevor ... think I'll get the camera lady a new camera too! :)

Bob - the FS sound package is by Steven Persson and is called cfm56-7v4.zip (now patched to v5). You can find it on AVSIM. It's the best there is I reckon. One thing I will change in it though is the turbine growl which is too prominent - especially at altitiude where it should be almost non-existent.

I've got that running through the main sound system, and also the following sounds running off 3 other flightdeck PCs into 3 sets of simple stereo speakers:

GPWS/TCAS - PC4 (PM sounds) into stereo speakers
Enviro sounds (bump, wind, roll etc.) - PC3 (PM sounds) into stereo speakers (will be subwoofer later)
Squawkbox ATC - PC5 into stereo speakersI've disabled the corresponing enviro sounds in the main sound system in FS (e.g. roll sound) so as not to double up.

Bob Reed
06-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks guys.

Yeah Trevor ... think I'll get the camera lady a new camera too! :)

Bob - the FS sound package is by Steven Persson and is called cfm56-7v4.zip (now patched to v5). You can find it on AVSIM. It's the best there is I reckon. One thing I will change in it though is the turbine growl which is too prominent - especially at altitiude where it should be almost non-existent.

I've got that running through the main sound system, and also the following sounds running off 3 other flightdeck PCs into 3 sets of simple stereo speakers:
GPWS/TCAS - PC4 (PM sounds) into stereo speakers
Enviro sounds (bump, wind, roll etc.) - PC3 (PM sounds) into stereo speakers (will be subwoofer later)
Squawkbox ATC - PC5 into stereo speakersI've disabled the corresponing enviro sounds in the main sound system in FS (e.g. roll sound) so as not to double up.

Hey NicD, you created more questions with your answers.

1) GPWS/TCAS - PC4 (PM sounds) into stereo speakers

A) So this is with PM Sounds?

2) Enviro sounds (bump, wind, roll etc.) - PC3 (PM sounds) into stereo speakers (will be subwoofer later)

B) Is this just PMSounds?

What are you using for a flight model.

NicD
06-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Yes - in answer to A and B - they are both just PM sounds. I've customised both sound sets so they only play what I want - i.e. removed unwanted WAVs and replaced some WAVs with better sounds.

Note - the 3 PCs are also being used for other things in the pit e.g. PC3 is the FO side PFD/ND & CDU. Doesn't present any performance problems on those PCs thankfully.

Using PMDG flight model (only).

Bob Reed
06-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Thanks for your replies NicD... Now we all know what I will be doing tomorrow. If you think about it sometime could you get me a list of the sound files you replaced? I am going to start work tomorrow on all this..