PDA

View Full Version : Project magenta GC and MSFS GC

dicksonlee
06-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Hi, I am buildong a home cockpit for B744. I am using project magenta software and MSFS 2004. It is working quite well except that n1, n2, and EGT in the promagenta GC did not turn red when exceed their limits, while they did in the MSFS2004. Does it has to do with the CDU? I did email to promagenta support but there is no reply from them. Is any one there have encounter the same problem and willing to share it? Thank you and really appreciate for your help...

Trevor Hale
06-11-2007, 08:26 AM
You will need to see in the real 744 Manual at what point you get the Hot engine indication. I would suspect that the MSFS 744 is very incorrect. You can set these settings for the GC in the config ini File I believe.

dicksonlee
06-11-2007, 09:30 AM
You will need to see in the real 744 Manual at what point you get the Hot engine indication. I would suspect that the MSFS 744 is very incorrect. You can set these settings for the GC in the config ini File I believe.

I think you are right. MSFS is very incorrect as a lot of functions are different from real aircraft (such as, autobrake). The autobrake in the MSFS is different from the real one as the autobrake disarm should be present there. Thanks for your advice and I'll try to look into the manual.

So how about the things in the MSFS that are different from the real aircraft ( such as autobrake mentioned above)? We need to add on the additional features ourselves, just because the MSFS does not have it? Any suggestion?

Tomlin
07-12-2007, 09:30 AM
So, as I suspected (and thought that I had read before) we are able to go in and define what normal parameters exceedance is, correct? Are we able to get as specific in the ini file that at Aspen, CO, at 95 degrees, you can only use 85% N1 and such? I dont know that I need that kind of accuracy, but it's amazing if we CAN do it. Problem is, where do you get that kind of info? I had a chance to buy a Lear 40/45 manual, but the S&H appeared to be ungodly high. I really need that manual dont I? :-)

Bob Reed
07-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Well the thing to remember here is we still only have FS as our engine. It does some amazing things for the $50.00 it cost when it was new. But it is limited. PMSystems helps but it too can not do it all. So can you get that specific I rather doubt it. BUT! I know there was 3 of us on line one night at Denver where climb out was PAINFULLY slow due to the altitude of the airport! I was not able to pick the nose up very high to keep my speed up. So there is some of that modeled in FS.. Just don;t know how much!