PDA

View Full Version : Computer Pilot magazine

Westozy
06-03-2007, 06:41 AM
For a yet to be determined reason, it appears that CP mag have published my second article in the June issue and omitted to print the first. This makes the second article a little difficult to follow as it assumes you have learned how to make the bitmaps from my first article which hasn't appeared yet. I'll try to contact the editor tomorrow and find out what has happened.
Sorry guys, beyond my control. At least MyCockpit gets a big plug!

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
06-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Bummer Gwyn,

Guess we will have to think backwards.. shouldn't be that hard.. I am Canadian. LOL

Westozy
06-04-2007, 03:05 AM
I spoke to the editor today and they are going to publish part 1 in July with a correction note attached. That's the only thing that can be done to fix it up, Mr Dean Beilanowski apologizes for the error.

Lol Trevor! Where's those pics of the levers? Still waiting!

Bob Reed
06-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I spoke to the editor today and they are going to publish part 1 in July with a correction note attached. That's the only thing that can be done to fix it up, Mr Dean Beilanowski apologizes for the error.

Lol Trevor! Where's those pics of the levers? Still waiting!

Hey Gwyn, they are there! You just have to look real hard in the last pictures he posted, blasted Canadian thinks we can all see in the dark!

Trevor Hale
06-04-2007, 09:11 AM
ROFL!!

I forgot about that Gwyn. I will turn the lights on tonight and take a few shots. Sorry dude, I enjoy using them so much, I forgot that I was going to take pictures.

They give the best feeling. I love them.

ekezz
06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Gwyn,
I have read the (digital) article and think it is awesome. Proud to have you on our team. And thank you for putting mycockpit.org so prominent with your name. We'll make this place even better now that we have our own "famous writer" with talented writing skills.
Keep posting :D

W9XE/Project777
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Gwyn, Just got my hard copy in the mail today. Reallly nice article you did. Like the Tips for machining Plexi-glass. Joe had told me about this before but I bet there are several who never knew an easier way to cut.

Computer Pilot did a great job with the picture detail and layout.

Thanks for the support :D

Side Note: I have a Kurzweil K2600 being delivered tomorrow..:D :D :D Time to find my Pink Floyd samples......That reminds me I forgot to post the names who were in the 737 some time ago...:-| I better find it.

Westozy
06-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Cheers Guys,

It's a pity they are back to front because the other article My Cockpit gets a whole paragraph if I remember right, it's been 6 months since I wrote it! Reading article one will make the second one make more sense but thank you all for the +ve feedback!

Gwyn

Matt Olieman
06-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I just got my copy of "Computer Pilot" magazine in the mail today. Gwyn, this is an absolutely fabulous article. As always Gwyn, and obviously, written in the spirit of helping fellow Computer Pilots build their sims.

I'm proud and gratefully of you Gwyn, not only to have your article published in such a fine magazine, but to have some one like to share their building experience with so many others.

I look forward toward the first half of the article ;)

Westozy
06-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks guys, it's great to read your approvals.

Dean B. has asked me for more cockpit building articles and I'm thinking of describing how to do the simple PMDG/FDT multi-monitor set up, what do you think?
I should be modifying my roof frame and fitting the overhead panel in the next couple of weeks. I have booked two weeks leave in July to hopefully complete my sim. (That's completed, not finished, does 'finished' ever happen?) If all goes to plan I might be opening the doors of Aerosim Solutions a bit earlier to make parts for other builders. I am planning to make sides for my sim like suicide doors, (they open from the front, hinged at the back). I will need help with suggestions for panel wash lighting/dimmer circuitry etc. Anyone good at that stuff? It's not my area of expertise!

Matt, BTW, you haven't authorised me on Skype yet, all the others have.

All the best,

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Matt, BTW, you haven't authorised me on Skype yet, all the others have.

All the best,

Gwyn

Well maybe if we ever saw you on it..... LOL @ you..

James Twomey
06-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Gwyn

I just wanted to join in here in saying that your article was great. I got my copy of Computer Pilot Mag yesterday, thought that it was a great article. Thanks for all your doing in helping us Simmers.

Best,
James

P.S. My wife is wondering exaclty how much more time I will be spending in the garage becuase of your article........ LOL:D

Westozy
06-13-2007, 05:17 AM
Lol, my wife is definately a sim widow, she has adapted to my disappearing acts quite well. The shed is always a busy place and I've now got a phone in there so she calls me now and again to catch up!
I have 9 yo twins too if I remember right!

Trevor - I'll check Skype on Saturday mornings, your Friday nights. Diana says the headphones were "cluttering" her desk and she unplugged them but I've put them back and hidden them under the desk, I'll catch up with you all soon.

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
06-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Trevor - I'll check Skype on Saturday mornings, your Friday nights. Diana says the headphones were "cluttering" her desk and she unplugged them but I've put them back and hidden them under the desk, I'll catch up with you all soon.

Gwyn

I will look for you buddy.. Coffee in hand :) Talk to you soon.

AndyT
06-13-2007, 11:59 PM
You guys are freakin me out. On what page will I find your article? I can't find it anywhere in the mag! I have the May 2007 issue with the second part of Flight Sim Zombie in it and I can not find your article. Maybe it's in the June issue? If so, I'll have to wait another month since they get shipped over here on the slow boat. I'm always a month behind.

Bob Reed
06-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi Andy, you should be looking in the June issue!!!

AndyT
06-14-2007, 01:51 PM
I just got the may issue. I'll have to wait till mid July to get the June copy....

Not EVERYTHING about Hawaii is awesome....

Bob Reed
06-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Well you could read the electronic issue! There are down sides to everything:wink:....