PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Training

visualchaosfx
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Is it possible to go to school and be an airline pilot so you can fly the jetliners like the 737 or 747? Or do you have to start out small like say a Cessna and then work your way up to the big leagues?

Bob Reed
05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
I am no expert by any means but... I am afraid it is all in the hours! You have to start out small and go slowly to the bigger ones!

AndyT
05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes, it is possible to go to a school to become a professional jet pilot but you will begin in small cessnas and pipers then work your way up. It will take you about a year if you can fly everyday.

Check this link out:
http://www.erau.edu/

Michael Carter
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
And money is no factor.;)

dnoize
05-04-2007, 03:23 AM
over here in holland it would cost you around 120.000 euros, thats around 160.000 US$.

You would start in single engine pistons, then move to twin engines, then go for your type rating in the bigger stuff.

Stef

BlackWidow
05-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Do a search on google for Pilot schools you will be suprised at all the different ones. and if you were prior military or your parents were you might be eligible for VA benifits depending on nationality of course. There are also programs to help pay for theese schools too. The best thing to do is find some schools that interest you and see what they have in the way of financial aid.

dodiano
05-04-2007, 10:49 PM
There are some good flight schools in Florida and Texas as well as California will recommend those 3 locations for weather where you can get your training... I started my training in El Salvador all the way through commercial, and Instrument as well as CFI and CFII and twin... Then went to the states and got Instrument COmmercial in twin engine for around $5000 housing included but I had already logged 1100 hours in my home country so it wasnŽt hard just had to made a couple of hours to fill the FAA needs and took my exams... Now as these guys said if money is no factor you can do it really fast... Now to get into the big boys you need experience and some luck too... but if you donŽt die trying youŽll never know...

Take care,

Roberto