PDA

View Full Version : New from Australia

QF6228
05-02-2007, 05:19 AM
G'Day from Melbourne, Australia.

Just getting into the swing of things, building a 737-800 cockpit :D
Have the flight yokes sorted (will post pics soon) and just taking on the FMC. (from marius circuits)
I have the room for the simulator all in order cleaned and ready to start on the frame, its going to be a long and challenging Goal to get it finished, but cant wait for the end result
Damien :cool:

NicD
05-02-2007, 06:03 AM
G'day Damien and welcome. Another Aussie joins the fray ... woohoo!

I recognise that callsign :) ... VATPAC? VistaOZ?

All the best with your project ... you've come to the right place for inspiration and sharing.

QF6228
05-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey Nick

Yeah mate thats me ;) i actually got this site from you website mate, so its all thanks to you. ure sim is one that i am watching with very keen eyes it gives us inspiration and is updated on a regular basis. that helps :D

Ill be posting some shots of my yokes, im currently having problems with cogs and chains etc. small stuff! :rolleyes:

Cheers Damien

paulj
05-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Welcome Damien,
Good to see another aussie. Looks like we're taking over the forum ;)
I've been looking at that fmc circuit board from Marius. Have you actually got it yet? Really keen to hear how it performs. Please keep us posted.
cheers

Paul

garyk007
05-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Nice to see another 737 builder.
The more of us there are, hopefully the prices for 737 kits will drop.

Post some pics when you have them.

NicD
05-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Hey lol, glad I could help :)

Cogs, chains, pipes, columns, springs ... mate I'm having nightmares. I wake up in the middle of the night shouting things like "more tension, more tension" and "the weld has broke" and "Tracy .. what are you doing in Paris?" :D

It's been a 3 week battle and still not completely finished. Let me know what challenges you're having and I'll see if my recent learnings can help.

Trevor Hale
05-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I wake up in the middle of the night shouting things like "more tension, more tension" and "the weld has broke" and "Tracy .. what are you doing in Paris?" :D

ROFL Nic. I wake up screaming that every night as well. Except the ending is Tracy, why aren't you in Paris..... LOL

NicD
05-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Lol Trev ... but we're talking Paris, France aren't we? ... I mean it's not Paris H....n in your dream is it? :p :D

Trevor Hale
05-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Lol Trev ... but we're talking Paris, France aren't we? ... I mean it's not Paris H....n in your dream is it? :p :D

Shhhh, even if it was I would still deny it :)

QF6228
05-04-2007, 06:40 AM
Ok

I got around to making my own photo album :D Check it out

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/member.php?uid=1810&protype=1
(ttp://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/useralbums.php)

Westozy
05-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Totally rocks dude! I'm going to copy those yoke handles, are they two piece with tracks for wiring?

Gwyn

QF6228
05-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Yes they are 2 peice with routed out tracks for wireing inside.
Damien