PDA

View Full Version : FSX and PM Airbus

mmakela
04-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Hello All!

Just wanted to ask if You are using FSX and PM A3xx
software - what aircraft are You using? What panel?
I understand You cannot use PM FCU (visual panel) in the
same computer with FSX? How are You dealing with this?
---
Is it possible to run PM FCU in the same computer with PM MCDU?
Sorry about asking so simple.

Yours,
Markus

mmakela
05-01-2007, 02:11 AM
So... nobody is using FSX and PM?

Peter Dowson
05-01-2007, 06:10 AM
So... nobody is using FSX and PM?

Yes (mainly testing only at present), but with Boeing not Airbus stuff. ;-)

I don't know of any reason why you shouldn't be able to use the FCU with FSX. The general rule is only not to have conflicting logics -- for instance with an FS panel trying to do one thing whilst PM is trying to do another. Generally for FS default panels this doesn't mean that much because they don't have much systems logic in them in any case. But it does apply to many of the more sophisticated add-on aircraft panels from folks like PMDG and LevelD, PSS or Wilco.

Whether the new FSX Airbus panel has any logic conflicting with PM I don't know. It seems unlikely, unless they have implemented fly-by-wire well (that may be configuable in the Aircraft.CFG file).

Either way in most cases the solution is simple. You simply use PM *instead* of the FS panel. Create an empty panel folder for the aircraft (eg. named "Panel.ForPM") and edit the Aircraft.CFG to point to it ("Panel=ForPM"). You could put some bits of the panel in if you like -- the GPS, maybe, or the radio stack if you don't have an external hardware one. That's a matter of editing the original PANEL.CFG and building you own set of default panel components in the new folder.

Regards

Pete

mmakela
05-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Hello Pete,
Thank You for answering! I'll give it a try with FSX A321.
That airbus panel (pma3xpanel) was great. I hope more intelligent
person than I can one day do such a panel for FSX.

Yours,
Markus