PDA

View Full Version : Removes hat before entering bar...

jmig
04-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone! Just wandered in from another site. Glad I found this place. I have been building a T-38C cockpit for a couple years around several remodeling projects, thrown in by my wife.

So far, I have build 75-80% of the actual cockpit, T-38 style floor mounted control stick, and rudder pedals. I also built a fighter cockpit gear handle mechanism that looks like the one in the T-38.

I am using two LCD for the instruments. A 14" is mostly hidden by an aluminum panel with only a 6" X 4" section showing for the electronic engine gauges. A 12" LCD turned vertical sits between the pilot legs and is the primary gauges.

I had planed on using Leo’s Beta Innovations boards. However, he has gotten out of supporting MSFS. I still plan on using his Plasma board that I purchased. I am now consideration Open Cockpits’ boards but, haven’t purchased them yet.

Lately, I have been making the plastic faces for the gauges and mounting them on to the aluminum panels.

I have a background in aviation. I flew in the air Force for about 10 years then flew GA aircraft for business. I currently am the senior partner in an energy industry related company that designs, sells and services environmental systems for handling gaseous emissions in the industry.

I have also been an active poster on AVSIM for a number or years.

John

Bob Reed
04-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi John and welcome! We are all just nuts here and by the sounds of it you will fit right in! Would love to see some pics of your pit! Glad I stopped by been installing the center council all afternoon. Now to decide how to get the CDU to work until the middle of next week when I have the forward avionics bay done. Glad to have you here!

BlackWidow
04-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Welcome John, The T38 is a nice choice are you by chance using a real cockpit. Anyway would love to see some pics.

Westozy
04-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Welcome John to MyCockpit, I use and recommend to all builders Sim-Boards from FDT, they are built specifically for FS... www.flightdecktechnology.com (http://www.flightdecktechnology.com)

Regards Gwyn

paulj
04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome John
I've got some Open Cockpit boards and I have just been playing around with them as I have just started building an had nothing to connect yet.
They seem to be quite good and I know a few people who reckon they work really well.

Paul

Michael Carter
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Welcome to IFSBI John. Glad to have another Air Force veteran aboard amongst the crazies.

I love the T-38. Especially when the T-Birds flew them after retiring the Phantoms.

Please post photos when you have the chance. We love looking at everyone's sim and their progress.

jmig
04-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys! I have built the cockpit using measurements from the real airplane. I will try and see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.

I have heard of the FDT boards. They were one of the companies Leo recommended I look into. I will give them another look.

John

Trevor Hale
04-23-2007, 07:45 AM
John.

Welcome to Mycockpit.org. You can post pictures easily in the Gallery section of the website. I hope that you can help share some of the lessons you have learned over the years with our community.

Best regards,

Trev

jmig
04-23-2007, 04:33 PM
If I can pass on any knowledge that I may process, it will be my privilege. I am on a the road right now. However, when I return, I will see about uploading some pictures of the sim.

John