PDA

View Full Version : 737NG Beginner

Salud
04-18-2007, 05:12 AM
Hello,

My name is Salud.
I am 32 I am from Bogota, but I live since I was a kid in Vienna.
I would like to build my personal 737 NG cockpit
as realistic as possible.
My goal is to finish it in 4 years.
I have looked at some projects here that are very impressive indeed.
My know how concerning elctronics, computer connctions installations and all the stuff about Epic, WIde FS PM are very limited, so i hope to recive your help if needed.
To be honest my biggest concern is still where to beginn, when to buy what parts hardware as well as software at what time.

Thanks for any kind answer.

Salud

Westozy
04-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi Salud and welcome to MyCockpit.org.

You ask questions with hundreds of answers! Probably everyone on the sight has built their sims differently and there are many ways to achieve good results, it all depends on your budget and how much you are prepared to spend. My own 737NG build is documented in pictures here - http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=547 This is quite a basic set-up on a single PC with a triple head video card, PMDG software and CP Flight MCP and EFIS. This is cheap, easy and very reliable. Multi PCs/Project Magenta/WideView set-ups are the ultimate and there are people here prepared to help you. Once you have decided which way you are going to build your sim, find the people here who have already done it that way and I'm sure you will find help.
All the best, Gwyn

Trevor Hale
04-18-2007, 07:48 AM
To be honest my biggest concern is still where to begin, when to buy what parts hardware as well as software at what time.

Hi Salud,

Most people begin with the Main Instrument Panel (MIP) This is the center console that holds your monitors for your glass cockpit. See many different shots of the center console in the photo gallery. The first step in this process is to decide if you are going to purchase the MIP or Build it yourself. If your going to buy it, you can't build the stand for it until it arrives.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Trev

Salud
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks,

I intend to spend around USD 30,000 for the cocpkit and USD 30,000 for the 3DOF motion platform in the next 4 to 5 years.
I have an exact plan in my head about the whole thing. I want it realistic or i say good bye and take the bus.
My expectations are very high.
Concerning the parts for the cockpit i will in some cases go with the plug and play USB variant
like the overhead panel or the Boardcomputers.
My time to build everything alone is limited due to my job as a sales manager.
I intend to build 50% of the cockpit myself and to buy the rest plug and play as i mentiones above.

Salud.

I of course will need all the help i can get from you pro captains.

visualchaosfx
04-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks,

I intend to spend around USD 30,000 for the cocpkit and USD 30,000 for the 3DOF motion platform in the next 4 to 5 years.
I have an exact plan in my head about the whole thing. I want it realistic or i say good bye and take the bus.
My expectations are very high.
Concerning the parts for the cockpit i will in some cases go with the plug and play USB variant
like the overhead panel or the Boardcomputers.
My time to build everything alone is limited due to my job as a sales manager.
I intend to build 50% of the cockpit myself and to buy the rest plug and play as i mentiones above.

Salud.

I of course will need all the help i can get from you pro captains.

Could I borrow $30,000 from you, please? Welcome to the boards;)

Salud
04-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi,

belive me the USD 60,000 i intend to spend on my 737Ng cockpit
i have to earn hard, but even a 18 hour day in the office will not break my will to finish it.
I am 32 now with 37 i intend to fly across the World and of course to prepare my son who is now 2 years old for the real thing.

Salud