PDA

View Full Version : What do ya'll do during flight?

visualchaosfx
04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Like say you are flying a flight from New York to Los Angeles and you already established your maximum altitude. Now its just the matter of waiting until you get to the top of descent. What do you guys do?

-Hang out at in the flight deck?
-Do you go and do something else?
-Read a book?
-Watch TV?
-Listen to some music?
-Nap?
-Tinker around the with controls and sit back and say "**** yeah this is my baby!!" lol.
-Play the Nintendo DS or PSP?
-Come on here and chit chat with the people?
-Talk on the phone with your friends and say something along the lines of "Na na na na boo boo I have a sim and you don't?" lol
-Ask your wife, girlfriend, soulmate, woman that you are in love with, to get you a beer? lol

Me, since I have a make shift sim consisting of 2 monitors plugged into one computer on my "used to be" dining room table along with my laptop, I browse the internet, visit various forums. Since the speakers are turned up high I'll go out to the living room and maybe do some organization while listening intently for ATC to give me furthur instructions on switching transponder channels and stuff.

Michael Carter
04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Flying the aircraft comes to mind. Navigating is another. Cross-checking fixes and nav-aids, studying the STAR and approach, and keeping an eye on systems takes up my time. And then there are ATC instructions to follow.

Why even bother with flying at all if you just punch on the AP and FMC and then find something else to do?

visualchaosfx
04-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Flying the aircraft comes to mind. Navigating is another. Cross-checking fixes and nav-aids, studying the STAR and approach, and keeping an eye on systems takes up my time. And then there are ATC instructions to follow.

Why even bother with flying at all if you just punch on the AP and FMC and then find something else to do?

I just input all of the waypoints in the fmc and activate and I'm on my merry way lol. I do keep an eye on the systems though. Last time, I flew a flight and did something else, I went to check on it while I was gettin something to eat and the darn thing was kareening towards the ground because the speed hold button disengaged, but it was still indicating that it was activated, so I finally leveled out around 4,000 ft and hit the button again and I was back to 300 NM and had to climb to 32000 ft.

RalphW
04-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I flirt with the stewardess!

Westozy
04-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I usually fall asleep and sail past the T.O.D. and run out of fuel somewhere! GM Barina car seats are sooooo comfortable when laid back.

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 09:55 PM
I usually fall asleep and sail past the T.O.D. and run out of fuel somewhere! GM Barina car seats are sooooo comfortable when laid back.

Geez, that would make me wanna fly with you. You can't even stay awake :eek:

Westozy's missus
04-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Hey that's not the only thing he falls asleep through..........Dr Phil, we need to talk!

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey that's not the only thing he falls asleep through..........Dr Phil, we need to talk!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why the Sims always start screamin "RETARD, RETARD...PULL UP"

he's sleepin....:roll:

Westozy's missus
04-17-2007, 10:01 PM

BTW, since this is mycockpit.org thought I might start a bit of a poll....who gets the most spam emails in a day. At our place it's about 30 a day.:?:

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 10:02 PM
BTW, since this is mycockpit.org thought I might start a bit of a poll....who gets the most spam emails in a day. At our place it's about 30 a day.:?:

can that include ****** email? they kinda go hand in hand :mrgreen:

visualchaosfx
04-17-2007, 10:02 PM

Shoot if I was in his simulator I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because I'd be staring at the switches and knobs and buttons and be like "what does this button do?" ands stuff lol.

Westozy's missus
04-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Shoot if I was in his simulator I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because I'd be staring at the switches and knobs and buttons and be like "what does this button do?" ands stuff lol.

The only button he keeps having to replace is the "attend" - wonder why that one keeps breaking!:rolleyes:

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 10:04 PM

did you ever use to pull a trick on your parents and before they turned the car on, you make sure the wipers, radio etc start going when they do turn it on?

well have ya ever did that to your hubby in the sim? :lol:

Westozy's missus
04-17-2007, 10:05 PM
can that include ****** email? they kinda go hand in hand :mrgreen:

ROFL - that's ssoooo funny!

Westozy's missus
04-17-2007, 10:06 PM
OK I'm getting booted off and I need to go and do some work....will be back later, have a great evening;)

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
OK I'm getting booted off and I need to go and do some work....will be back later, have a great evening;)

Have fun. Will probably be gone to bed when you come back but will have fun reading any posts in the morn :)

visualchaosfx
04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
did you ever use to pull a trick on your parents and before they turned the car on, you make sure the wipers, radio etc start going when they do turn it on?

well have ya ever did that to your hubby in the sim? :lol:

Trevor has wipers on his sim??? What, did he build his sim outside? http://www.smileyhut.com/laughing/hysterical.gif

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Trevor has wipers on his sim??? What did he build his sim outside? http://www.smileyhut.com/laughing/hysterical.gif

When I told him enough is enough :p

NicD
04-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Apparently "those emails" only go to places where they are REALLY needed :)

What I do in the cruise ? ... catch up on this forum. The way things are now that usually kills an hour or two :eek: :)

visualchaosfx
04-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Right now I'm in the middle of a test flight from San Diego to San Fran. I brought my computer stuff out in the living room and hooked it up to my car audio home theater system to hear what it sounds like and WOW!!! On take off, the engines sound so damn real!! I can't wait until I get this all setup he he.

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 11:29 PM

last time I checked I didn't need either of the emails :roll: :lol:

visualchaosfx
04-17-2007, 11:31 PM
last time I checked I didn't need either of the emails :roll: :lol:

I think he was pickin on your hubby lol

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I think he was pickin on your hubby lol

LOL yes but I"m the one that gets the ****** emails :lol:

visualchaosfx
04-17-2007, 11:35 PM
LOL yes but I"m the one that gets the ****** emails :lol:

Maybe its a sign lol I don't know!:)

Tracy Hale
04-17-2007, 11:43 PM
:lol: who knows!

bindook
04-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Ladies are you going to ambush every thread????

Can't us serious simmers who are single & have no life not be tormentted by you woman who can't even stay quiet on a forumn............!!!!!!????

That's why we joined this forumn......NO FEMALES!!!!!!!!! If i wanted to hear non stop gas bagging i wouldv'e married one!!!!!

Michael
p.s only kidding ladies, you have put some life back into us :-)

Westozy's missus
04-18-2007, 02:17 AM

Can't us serious simmers who are single & have no life not be tormentted by you woman who can't even stay quiet on a forumn............!!!!!!????

That's why we joined this forumn......NO FEMALES!!!!!!!!! If i wanted to hear non stop gas bagging i wouldv'e married one!!!!!

Michael, you tred on very dangerous ground, we have contacts......Chopper has been mentioned before you know!:cool:

bindook
04-18-2007, 02:31 AM
You ladies have only been on for a couple of weeks & have a look at how many posts you've done !!!!!!

Over 250 !!!!! geeeeezz, what more can i say?????

Michael "chop chop"

Westozy's missus
04-18-2007, 02:48 AM
Yeah Gwyn commented this morning that Tracy has done nearly as many posts as he has, and he's been on here for two years! Guess we're just enthusiasts like you guys!:rolleyes:

Westozy
04-18-2007, 03:53 AM
They're spreading like a virus!!!!!!! lol

Gwyn

bindook
04-18-2007, 05:21 AM
Seriously, back to the "question"???

Maybe Roberto could answer this??

Simmers unite, destroy the evil that is trying to take over our territory!

Tracy Hale
04-18-2007, 07:39 AM

:-)

you poor poor soul...you don't know what you have done :cool:

I haven't been into every thread yet, but I could :roll:

Tracy Hale
04-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah Gwyn commented this morning that Tracy has done nearly as many posts as he has, and he's been on here for two years! Guess we're just enthusiasts like you guys!:rolleyes:

ah ha! Yes Gwyn, I'm gonna pass you so fast on posts your eyes will spin :roll: but I'm on a mission

Trevor Hale
04-18-2007, 07:51 AM

LOL Hey Nic... Did I mention I am an admin? ROFL!

Trevor Hale
04-18-2007, 07:53 AM
They're spreading like a virus!!!!!!! lol

Gwyn

Yes, Make it Stop... Lol Make it stop... It's like a bad dream :)

Trevor Hale
04-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Like say you are flying a flight from New York to Los Angeles and you already established your maximum altitude. Now its just the matter of waiting until you get to the top of descent. What do you guys do?

-Hang out at in the flight deck?
-Do you go and do something else?
-Read a book?
-Watch TV?
-Listen to some music?
-Nap?
-Tinker around the with controls and sit back and say "**** yeah this is my baby!!" lol.
-Play the Nintendo DS or PSP?
-Come on here and chit chat with the people?
-Talk on the phone with your friends and say something along the lines of "Na na na na boo boo I have a sim and you don't?" lol
-Ask your wife, girlfriend, soulmate, woman that you are in love with, to get you a beer? lol

Me, since I have a make shift sim consisting of 2 monitors plugged into one computer on my "used to be" dining room table along with my laptop, I browse the internet, visit various forums. Since the speakers are turned up high I'll go out to the living room and maybe do some organization while listening intently for ATC to give me furthur instructions on switching transponder channels and stuff.

Roberto... In case you forgot... Here was the initial Question

Westozy
04-18-2007, 08:00 AM
ah ha! Yes Gwyn, I'm gonna pass you so fast on posts your eyes will spin :roll: but I'm on a mission

Good morning Tracy, what happened to "I don't want to be the first one who posts" you forum groupie you!

NicD
04-18-2007, 08:14 AM
LOL Hey Nic... Did I mention I am an admin? ROFL!

hehehe - but I thought Tracy was the admin? :)

Tracy Hale
04-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Good morning Tracy, what happened to "I don't want to be the first one who posts" you forum groupie you!

no no, I didn't want to be the first one to answer a question :P LOL

Tracy Hale
04-18-2007, 08:16 AM
hehehe - but I thought Tracy was the admin? :)

Rumor: Trev gettin fired, Tracy gettin hired :mrgreen:

BlackWidow
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Most of the time I stay at the controls because i perfer to fly stick and rudder. but occasionaly I will turn the AP on so that i can catch up on laundry/housework and check on the kids.