PDA

View Full Version : FS2Phidget 4.2.9

CocnutAir
04-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Version 4.2.9 of FS2Phidget is avaialble for download.

Some bug fixes.

Has settings for autothrottles connected to a servo, sensor and a digital input.

Has setting for encoder push button to control updating of either the digital or fractional portion of a frequency.

redman
04-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi Alan,
I have downloaded this update, but it still installs as as 4.2.3

Can you please check that the file is correct?

Cheers
Chris

BlackWidow
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I beleive that is what mine is doing to.

CocnutAir
04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Something ain't right.
I don't have 4.2.3 on my system anymore.
Will sort it out.

CocnutAir
04-20-2007, 06:25 PM
The link has been corrected.
I just dowloaed and installed. Works OK now.

Regards,
Alan.

BlackWidow
04-20-2007, 10:30 PM
I must be missing something I cant seem to find the download link.

JBaymore
04-20-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't see it either Alan.

best,

....john

CocnutAir
04-21-2007, 12:42 AM
I clicked on "Download Library" at top of this page
Then I clicked "FS2Phidget"
Then I clicked "FS2Phidet 4.2.9"
Clicked "download" button and downloaded.

BlackWidow
04-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Sorry Alan my bad. ahhhh the power of Vicadin makes you loopy! lol

CocnutAir
04-21-2007, 09:57 AM
It was Vicadin that made me mix up 4.2.9 and 4.2.3 in the first place.
Also doesn't help if I have a senior moment at the same time. LOL
Fortunately, we have MattO to bail us out.

JBaymore
04-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I clicked on "Download Library" at top of this page
Then I clicked "FS2Phidget"
Then I clicked "FS2Phidet 4.2.9"
Clicked "download" button and downloaded.

DOH! The other download was a hot link in the message thread.... never thought to look at the "DOWNLOADS" section.

And no Vicodin in use here as an excuse. :roll:

best,

....john

JBaymore
04-21-2007, 02:56 PM
When I hit the download library link... I get a message that says I don't have permission to do that! BUT I am logged in under my normal username and it shows in the upper right as "logged in as JBaymore".

What's up?:?:

best,

.............john

JBaymore
04-29-2007, 03:53 PM
When I hit the download library link... I get a message that says I don't have permission to do that! BUT I am logged in under my normal username and it shows in the upper right as "logged in as JBaymore".

What's up?:?:

The admin folks got it sorted for me. THANKS!

best,

........john

Tomlin
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
As for me, Im new to Phigets/FS2Phidgets, and so I want to ensure that I understand everything before I get home late tonight to install my soon to be delivered rotary encoder that will be used for the Learjet's SPD controller.

If Ive never installed FS2Phidgets before, do I simply download the latest version of the software and go from there?

Thanks,

JBaymore
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Eric,

There are two parts of the software. Ther is the Phidgets.msi runtime library that you install first...then there is the FS2Phidget software that "talks to" the other library stuff.

READ the manual, and play with the virtual Phidgets to get a sense of what they do.

best,

.................john

Tomlin
09-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Okay, Im being told by Alex over at Trossen that the newest version of phidgets.msi at one point was not working (and Ive read this here too some).

Is it now working, and if not, where is the best file located to use please?

Thanks, I just dont want to go all weekend and not be able to use this rotary encoder.

JBaymore
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Eric,

That is true... you have to use the next to last version of the msi until Alan releases the newest version.....which looks like any day now. There is another thread here that has the location....I'm not sure of it.

best,

.................john

Tomlin
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Hmmm....I must be really striking out today. I cant seem to locate the older phidgets.msi

Alan, others?

JBaymore
09-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Eric,

Searched and found the thread.... it is NOT where you'd expect. The other link that IS in a place you'd expect now points fo a Phidgets site hat ONLY seems to have the 21 version.....unless the "Flash" version mentioned at he bottom is THE one....which it MIGHT be.

Apparently the version on THIS page works. It MIGHT be the same one as on the above mentioned page.

http://www.ozziesim.com.au/shop/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=11

Hope this helps you out.

best,

................john

Tomlin
09-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for that. I looked at every thread that I could find using "phidgets.msi" and didnt locate it. It does appear that this could be the file that is on the Phidgets page, but Im wary to use it due to the warning that it's not for new projects.

I will see what happens I guess.

Tomlin
09-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Okay

I have the rotary encoder being read in the FS2Phidgets 4.2.9 in the Digital input/Encoder sections and can see the values changing. However, I do not have the option to select FS Var File or make an FS Var Assignment (there's no text in the drop down box). Ive reinstalled but no luck.

I'd appreciate any and all help here.

Also, Im guessing the Help file included in the software is the actual manual?

Tomlin
09-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Okay, so I uninstalled FS2Phidgets and reinstalled and it worked (I was able to get the drop down boxes AND assign the rotary encoder to work with SOME assignments).

However, I cannot get it to change the VS range. I can change altitude, HDG, OBS, etc, but I cannot get it to change Vertical speed, and yes, Im using the correct VS offset (there are a few different ones).

Any idea what Ive not done correctly here? One thought: Im not running it on the network, but on the FS machine. Would that make a difference since it does work on most of the other assignments Ive tried?

Thanks again,

JBaymore
09-08-2007, 10:52 AM
However, I cannot get it to change the VS range. I can change altitude, HDG, OBS, etc, but I cannot get it to change Vertical speed, and yes, Im using the correct VS offset (there are a few different ones).

Eric,

How do you KNOW that your have the correct offset? Usually I have found that if the one I am using does not work....... it is the worng one. Or that I have the length of the offset set incorrectly. Did you remember to calibrate the value?

There are some values in FS that are complex. Sometimes there is more than one thing affecting that value and it seems to be derived from other values at other offsets. Maybe it is possible that this value is one of them? If so... it gets trickier to change it.

best,

.................john

Bob Reed
09-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Also you can not change the VS value on the ground, you have to be in the air.

JBaymore
09-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Also you can not change the VS value on the ground, you have to be in the air.

GREAT point Bob! ;) Sometimes it is the little things that get you.

best,

....................john

Tomlin
09-08-2007, 02:44 PM
I know it's the right offset according to the PM FSUIPC offset list. Per the list:

07EC
Autopilot vertical speed hold [Not connected in FS2002/4]
07F2
Autopilot vertical speed value, as ft/min

Ive been using 07F2. Also, one of the things I havent determined yet was is there a real manual for FS2Phid or just the in-software help file? I havent found the calibration instructions yet, but did see it mentioned in the help file. Yes, Ive only looked at the software help file. Also, here's what the .ini shows:

[AUTOPILOT_VERTICAL_SPEED]
Offset=07F2
Length=2
FSType=Proportional
LoValue=-7900
HiValue=6000

So, Im wondering. Although I did try to change (actually SET) the vertical speed in the VS box in the default L45 DURING FLIGHT, I know that it's possible to change it on the ground in FS. Is this a Phidgets thing, only changing it in flight? Obviously it wont affect the aircraft till off the ground.

A big help would be for someone to point to the manual, cause I havent found it. Sorry.

Trevor Hale
09-08-2007, 02:51 PM
A big help would be for someone to point to the manual, cause I havent found it. Sorry.

Tomlin, Dono Buddy, but I think something must be wrong with your Google or something. Not having much luck finding anything.

Do a google search for FS2Phidgets, I am sure you will find it.

Trev

Tomlin
09-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Now what? I just fired up FS and FS2Phidgets and now it's telling me that "Phidget Manager is either not Installed, or out of date. n/Download latest Phidget .msi and install"

How did this happen all of a sudden now?

Trevor Hale
09-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Now what? I just fired up FS and FS2Phidgets and now it's telling me that "Phidget Manager is either not Installed, or out of date. n/Download latest Phidget .msi and install"

How did this happen all of a sudden now?

Here.

RTM I am sure you will find your answer. Just trying to help you, to sort your issue.

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/fs/fs2phidgets/fs2phidget_guide/FS2Phidget.pdf

Bob Reed
09-08-2007, 03:13 PM
04F2 is a PM offset. You are not using PM's MCP are you? Maybe John can step in here I think he uses the FS MCP. Sounds to me like you are not writing the offset bits right. You need a bit to + the value and a Bit to - the value.

Tomlin
09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Here.

RTM I am sure you will find your answer. Just trying to help you, to sort your issue.

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/fs/fs2phidgets/fs2phidget_guide/FS2Phidget.pdf

Man, I swear. I have not seen that in ages. Dont know how I overlooked it. Thanks Trevor.
Will do.

Tomlin
09-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Bob, Im guessing you mean 07F2, not 04F2?

Now that I have the manual (Im a dumbhead I guess) I just have to sort out why it's all of a sudden not starting up (the FS2Phidgets software like I pointed out above- the error message.)

Thanks guys, Its just that last night when I installed the phidgets.msi and FS2phidgets, I got .net error messages, then I had to download the newest .net, but then it wouldnt work 'till I uninstalled the old .net, so that was an ordeal, then reinstalling the newest version (of the 3 available) and then back to installing the phidgets.msi/FS2P, etc.) then it not working right till I uninstalled it and reinstalled in a diff directory. Then on top of that, not finding the manual (assuming incorrectly that it would be actually in the software, not on the 'net) so you see...a bit frustrated :-) But again, thanks! I really do appreciate the pointers. Will report back later.

Trevor Hale
09-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Man, I swear. I have not seen that in ages. Dont know how I overlooked it. Thanks Trevor.
Will do.

I did a google search for Fs2phidgets Manual and it was the first link in the list.

LOL, Like I said, maybe you need a new search engine LOL

JBaymore
09-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Eric,

I am thinking here that you need the FSUIPC offset for the vertical speed.... NOT the Project Magenta one. FSUIPC has a block of offsets that Pete Dowson set up for the PM software to utilize. Since you are not using the PM stuff to run this particular aspect, you can't really use that offset.... or at least I THINK you can't.

Get the docs for FSUIPC and look for the MSFS offset for vertical speed listed in there (I am assuming here that there IS one). It will show the hex location and the size and type of the info. That list is in the FSUIPC for Advnnced Programmers document that comes bundled with FSUIPC's total docs package. You can find those on Peter Dowson's download site.

I have no idea what the offset is....... I use the Goflight MCP for that function.

best,

...................john

Tomlin
09-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Well, I have read and re-read the manual several times. I am running 4.2.9 of FS2Phid and like I said earlier, I can get almost any thing to work with this rotary encoder except vertical speed. In fact, the phidgets software reads the curent MCP value, but when I turn the encoder, no changes occur more than 1 or 2 numbers ( Phi value field). Another point of confusion was that it's not callig it 'calibrate' , but 'Configure'. I can indicate that I want a Step Value of 100, and after I hit 'Finish' it closes the box, but yet still nothing happens. I know that 07F2 should be the FS9 offset, not a PM offset. I also know that I must be very close to solving this, but it's a bit trying atm. What is causing the values for this ONE item that I bought this encoder for not to make the changes in FS9? Also, Im NOT using 04F2, but 07F2.

JBaymore
09-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I also know that I must be very close to solving this, but it's a bit trying atm. What is causing the values for this ONE item that I bought this encoder for not to make the changes in FS9?

Eric,

In my cockpit building work I have hit numerous "the one thing I WANT will not work" issues. I think it just comes with the territory as we try to take a $60 piece of software and make it think it is a $6 million simulator. ;)

Yes... it is terribly frustrating........ but sometimes you just have to keep pushing on and find the way. Sometimes it is something that when you figure it out is SO clear that you have no idea WHY you were having so much trouble. And sometimes it IS an impossible to do item and you just have to accept that, find a work around, and move on.

My big issue at the moment is I'm running a four engine jet (Bae 146-200). It has an APU. I am trying to "install" a functioning APU in the sim. At the moment, I have hardware simulating part of the function through hard wired switch logic, I have a custom gauge written by a XML wizard friend, Martyn Becker, that provides the in-sim APU exhaust plume and the APU start up, run, and shut down sounds when the APU switches in the pit are operated. The ONE thing I have not been able to solve yet is the APU taking over for the BATTERY when it is running and the GEn switch is on. It is driving me nuts....and has been for over a year.

I likely will have to resort to writing a stand alone APU "system" in VB6. And that is something that I just don't really want to spend the time on.

So..... you are not alone. Just keep researching and trying. Maybe Alan Dyer will come along here and in two sentences completely clear up your issue. He has a way of doing that. ;)

SInce I don't use that function....... I really can't offer any more suggestions.

best,

....................john

Tomlin
09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Not sure what's going on. Like I said, it's showing the MCP value from FS9, but not changing w/ the encoder. Hopefully Alan D. will chime in soon enough.

Thanks,

CocnutAir
09-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Eric,

Shot me an email at alan@coconuair.com

I will come back to forum and post what we figured out.

Regards,
Alan.

Tomlin
09-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks, should be in your inbox.

michelmvd
03-23-2008, 05:13 PM
In order to let another interface program work which is based on the lasted Phidgets.msi, I updated my FS2Phidgets 4.1 also to version 4.2.9.
Now I notice several problems with offsets of Project Magenta.
When disconnecting A/T the MCP goes in T/G mode etc, idem for A/P disconnect.
I used my old phidget.ini files.
Is somewhere a new Project Magenta / PMSystem offsets file availalbe, which is based on the latest version (4.2.9)?
Many thanks for help
Michel

mauriceb
03-23-2008, 10:05 PM
When disconnecting A/T the MCP goes in T/G mode etc, idem for A/P disconnect.
Michel

Michel,

I had almost exactly the same problem but with older Phidgets version & FSX. When disconnecting A/T with a switch on my throttle, it would also disconnect the A/P and the N1 light would come on and the plane would start to climb with N1 power when I was trying to land.

After many frustrating hours, I closely examined the lists of offsets in one of the ini file I had created in the FSVariable folder under FS2Phidgets (My Offsets.ini). These below are the offset settings that solved my problem. My sim is a 737 but I think this should work for you as well. The really important part here is the line that says "partner=" Since the bits are independent, the partner number should always be the same number as the particular bit required for that function. For some reason, some of my offsets had a different 'partner' (usually 0) and I believe that was causing my problem. At least I think so since it started to work after I corrected the offsets. Of course there is always the big 'coincidence' factor that can come into play at times. :)
When you create an offset with the Phidgets FS Variable editor, by default if it is a part of a bitmap offset, it gives it a partner of 0 (instead of none). But bit 0 (partner 0) happens to be the TOGA offset, so when I activated the A/T disconnect, I believe it also triggered TOGA at the same time. At least that's my theory, but bottom line, whatever the reason, fixing the partner solved my problem

Hope this helps,

Maurice

Here are what some of my offsets look like now:

[MCP_TOGA]
Offset=050A
Length=2
FSType=Bitmap
Bit=0
Partner=0
Format=###########
Multiplier=1
Divisor=1
Integer=False
NormalizeAngle=False
WriteOnly=False

[MCP_A/T_DISCONNECT]
Offset=050A
Length=2
FSType=Bitmap
Bit=2
Partner=2
Format=###########
Multiplier=1
Divisor=1
Integer=False
NormalizeAngle=False
WriteOnly=False

[MCP_A/P_DISCONNECT]
Offset=050A
Length=2
FSType=Bitmap
Bit=1
Partner=1
Format=###########
Multiplier=1
Divisor=1
Integer=False
NormalizeAngle=False
WriteOnly=False

[TOGA_Mode_Active]
Offset=051C
Length=2
FSType=Bitmap
Bit=2
Partner=2
Format=###########
Multiplier=1
Divisor=1
Integer=False
NormalizeAngle=False
WriteOnly=False
WriteOnly=False

michelmvd
03-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Yep this is exactly what is happening with me too.
I will try yours asap.
Many thanks for help
Michel

CocnutAir
06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Did we get this one resolved?

michelmvd
09-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Oops Alan,
It a long time I visited the forum.
Yes indeed this is one is setled.
Thanks a lot for the great program.
Many thanks
Michel

AndyT
09-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Just to bring everyone up-to-date,
FS2Phidgets 4.3.7 is out and ready for download.

Daveanne
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I know you posted this message a long time ago, but exactly how do you use a "push button" to disengage the A/T through a Phigets interface, your help would be appreciated very much.

I have made a TQ and have the TOGA and A/T dissegage buttons wired up, I can initiate the TOGA command through the MCP SB EL, but can't find a way to disengage the A/T at all,I have triedto assign a keyboard command through FSUPIC to the push button, however that doesn't seam to work at all, any help would be gratefully received

Daveanne