PDA

View Full Version : You guys are insane!

Chip
04-11-2007, 06:19 PM
You guys are certifiably insane! I love it!
I'm not sure how you talked your wives into these basement projects. That could probably be a forum in itself.

I thought I had a decent setup with Flight Sim X, Wingman Extreme joystick, NVidia SLI and a Dell Ultra Sharp 30" monitor.

I clearly see I'm not in you guy's league. You guys are great.

Westozy
04-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Welcome aboard MyCockpit Chip,

Insane Westozy (Gwyn)!

BlackWidow
04-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Welcome

OH shoot I didnt realise i actually had to tell the wife LOL, I guess im in trouble...

Bob Reed
04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Ahhh the she who must be o bayed.... Well it keeps me out of her hair! And she knows where I am ..... Crazy??? I resemble that remark! :mrgreen:

Michael Carter
04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Got rid of both of 'em years ago.

My time and money is my own!

Welcome to the forum Chip.

bindook
04-12-2007, 02:09 AM
It's great to be single :-)

NicD
04-12-2007, 05:57 AM
My wife supports my sim project 110%. It's good to be married :)

She thinks that building a sim is a far better prospect than doing the usual age 40 thing ... i.e. chasing blondes in red sport cars :)

Westozy
04-12-2007, 07:15 AM
LOL, good one Nic,
I agree, it's good to have someone to fetch beer when your at the controls on those long missions. She doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to wire a cordless doorbell to the overhead "Attend" call button, that should cause a riot! My wife changed from "I hope you're not thinking of keeping those car seats here", to showing off the sim to nearly all visitors to our home. She has become very supportive from the initial reluctance, bless her. It would have been hard to ask her to leave!!!!!

Gwyn

NicD
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
hehe yeah mate! I was thinking about doing the exact same thing with the attend button - lol!!

You've probably heard the old joke.... My wife said "IT'S FS OR IT'S ME!!. I miss her.

:)

Trevor Hale
04-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Dude, Stick around, we will learn you a thing or too... Your never out of the league. We will get you whipped into sim shape in no time.

Welcome to the community.

fokker100
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
My wife is very happy that I am doeing this.....It's healthier and cheaper than going to the pub every evening she says....healthier?.. sure....cheaper... if she only would know.....

Aart

Matt Olieman
04-12-2007, 10:10 AM
As my wife get's asked by her friends and family..... "Why do you let him do that" (Imagine that... ) My wife would reply.... "At least I know where he is"

:)

Westozy
04-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi Matt, I posted the 737 Bitmaps to Bob Reed today. Can you send me your new address via private message when you're settled in your new place?

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
04-12-2007, 01:12 PM
bless her. It would have been hard to ask her to leave!!!!!

Gwyn

ROFL!

Gwyn, thats about the best one I have heard in a long time. OMG thats soo funny. I am peeing myself picturing you saying that.

My Wife is Supportive of the project, in fact she is so supportive that she hates it when I tell people she is supportive.

When you boys figure that out, let me know cause I am still trying :)

My wife wants to start a forum here, I bet some of your wives would join in. Thread called "Wives of simulator geeks"

I guess they will never understand.

ekezz
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, it's done, now see if you can get your wives into our
Wives Club of Insane Simulator Males.

( that's a challenge beyond building a pit :D )

Trevor Hale
04-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I am getting my wife to register right now :)

Matt Olieman
04-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Hhhhmmmmm, my wife is already registered. I'm not sure I want her to know about the forum. She may tell you guy things I don't want you to know :rolleyes:

I'll have to think this one out....... :roll:

turbopropdriver
04-12-2007, 04:28 PM
My other half went crazy when 21 feet of Beechcraft Queenair turned up, but once she saw the sim up n running, everything changed.
Now she's really supportive.
I guess there is an element of comfort knowing where I am all the time.

Though when the F27 cockpit arrived , 2 pits was a bit too much for her,probably just as well really, since I would be filling the garden with cockpits !

Trevor Hale
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
LOL If I did that I would be planting flowers around my soon to be grave :)

BlackWidow
04-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Thats so funny because when i pulled into the driveway with my Cessna sticking past the tailgate the look on my wifes face was absolute shock. And then I had to tell her howmuch PM cost me (US) lol

Westozy
04-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Keep your eyes on Computer Pilot mag for upcoming stories by "someone" writing about the wives view of it all, there should be 5 serialised stories coming up over consecutive issues.
No, it's not me but I am a friend of this fellow CP mag author who is a very funny storyteller! She rocks!

Gwyn

turbopropdriver
04-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Possibly my best line was, "I paid less than the scrap value for it,it's a bargain,the yokes alone woulda cost me that and the throttle quad's worth a fortune"

Trouble is, I have no idea if she is convinced.

Besides, I don't exactly lie about the costs, I under-exaggerate ;)